cat commands

  • Geoff Carmont
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 3, 2006
      g'day all, for CAT commands in HRD look in Tools > programme option > info: Options then select radio.
      You can use viewer then print to examine at your leisure.

      This lists all the cat commands used in HRD and it is considerably more than shown in the FT-897 manual.

      One omission is the comand for 6M power level: AA ( 2m is AB, 70cm is AC)
      I understand that this will be added in the next release, due after Easter.

      A somewhat sneaky way to find out the effect of changes to the 897 contols make in memory is to download
      FT-817 Commander and use this to talk to the 897. Ignore the memories loaded and don't expect things to
      work properly but select Memory > Memory Analyser. Enter a range of 0000 to FFFF then select baseline.

      When this has finished, make a change to the 897, eg Menu 75, power level. Now select Change. When finished
      it will display the address and bytes changed. This is how I found the 6M command.

      I didn't find any change using the squelch, rf or vol. controls, possibly as they are analog devices.
      Not sure what Jerry means by tone - ctcss ? look at commands 0A, 0B, 0C cw tone ? look at 74.

      73

      Geoff VK2HEF