Re: [FT897] Z-100

  • Kevin Thompson
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2, 2006
      I am using mine on a 102 inch stainless steel whip for mobile operation (ft-857) and it works fairly well up to 40 meters. It does not like 20 meters all that well for some reason nor does it like 6 meters. When using close to resonant lengths for an antenna it does pretty good. I believe it to be a mediocre tuner but for the money it does pretty good. If I had the money I would get a screwdriver or an SGC tuner. I would really like to try out one of the Hi Q screwdrivers.
      The z-100 is worth what you spend on it, though. I just think there are better alternatives. I will say that I have worked Russia, New Zealand, Australia, and Whitehorse in the Yukon Territory of Canada from here in Colorado as well as San Palo, Brazil from Wyoming all with the FT-857, the 102" whip, and the z-100 from my pickup truck with 100 watts. Perty good if ya ask me!

      Kevin,
      kc0rbx

      Nga Tapuwae <nga.tapuwae@...> wrote:
      Is anyone using the LDG Z-100 auto tuner with their FT-897?
      I would be very interested to know about your experience.

      Bryan, ZL1NI

      Craft hobby Hobby and craft supply Ham radio Ft-897