Re: [FT897] Re: Is the radio really worth it?

  • wb1aex@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 38 , Dec 6, 2005
      Hi Bruce,

      Glad your rig is working as it should! I did not mess with the pre-driver or driver settings on any of the rigs I have checked, due to the small size of the test point pads. I believe you would have to solder leads to the test points to connect to, and it looked pretty tight in there. To be honest, after doing the exciter and final stages, all three of the rigs I checked sounded extremely clean, so I was not motivated to investigate further. Thanks for reporting your findings, it looks like things were way out of spec on yours as well. It must have sounded very gritty/dirty/distorted in sideband mode!

      Look forward to working you on the bands,

      73,

      Rob WB1AEX