I & Q Access?

  • Justin Burket
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 5, 2005
      I was looking over an older copy of the ARRL's handbook (2004) and came
      across the plans for a Bi Auroral I & Q receiver. This receiver doesn't
      do anything with the I & Q channels after mixing and just dumps them out
      as audio. Apparently the listening experience is quite nice. It got me
      thinking. If most rigs take the I & Q and mix it into DSP after the PLL
      why not grab the I & Q channels after mixing with the PLL?

      Anyone know the signal path of the 897 enough to tell me if I'm nuts and
      don't know what I'm talking about?

      Justin
      KL1RL