Re: Military Handset with FT-897

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 5, 2005
      > I just picked up an old military handset at the local hamfest
      > and have some questions.

      I'm not familiar with this particular model, but most really old military gear
      (probably up until the 1970s sometime) used carbon mics. If you're not sure
      about this, I'd check first to see if it's a carbon mic or a dynamic mic. If
      it's carbon, it takes a bit of effort to make it work. (Although it might be
      easier than it use to be since our current generation of mics require voltage
      to them to operate...)

      If this is a rehash of something you already knew, I apologize...

      Thanks,
      Jim