Re: SoftJump and Widebander "no go"

  • Darren
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1, 2005
      --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Burton" <n6kzb@m...> wrote:
      > Just bought a 897D, and have a CAT cable working with rig control on
      > Com 1.
      >
      > Have tried both Softjump and Widebander to "open up radio".
      > No go....

      Mike, read message 12038 posted yesterday.
      Paul, the author or widebander. He goes into detail about why the
      software doesn't work on newer rigs.

      Darren
      GW7HOC MW5HOC
      daz(at)ft-817.co.uk
      http://www.mw5hoc.4t.com
    • Mike Burton
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 1, 2005
        Thanks for response.

        Have various rig control programs, and they all work. By all accounts
        the radio accepts the serial/usb port.

        You may be right on the stream issue, but I am not a computer person.

        I think the latest 897 (d)'s won't take the changes. IMO

        Will eventually drag the radio to my friends house and try his normal
        serial port.

        Thanks for the direction.

        Mike

        --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "KW7DSP Steve Pickering" <KW7DSP@h...>
        wrote:

        > Mike, do not expect a USB Comport to work. Demand a real Comport in
        your new
        > PC for just this kind of interface. Don't let a salesman convince
        you to go
        > without one.
        >
        > Before trying Widebander, download one of the programs like, Ham
        Radio
        > Delux, RAT897, CN7HB's CAT-897, or others and make sure you have
        two way
        > rig control. Even then the continious stream required for EEPRON
        Write is
        > not provided by USB to Serial adapters.
        >

        > Steve
        >
        > D. Stephen Pickering
        > Independence, Polk County, Oregon. USA 97351
        >

        > KW7DSP and WPSL211 Grid CN84JU
        >
        > ARRL, ARES, RedCross, EmComm I, EmComm II
        > Listening on 146.78 & 147.16 No PL, 146.52 Simplex, 144.210 USB,
        14.070 USB
        > PSK31.
        > Noontime Net Daily at 7.268.5mhz LSB
        >
        > SASS #33962, NRA, CGOA, C&S MC
        >
        > KW7DSP@h... Home Address
        >
        > KW7DSP@A...
        >
        > dpickeri@c... Student Address
        >
        > http://groups.msn.com/TheWizardsDen

      • Mike Burton
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 1, 2005
          Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, thanks !

          Will open radio up and do it the manual way, thanks.

          Mike

          --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "Darren" <gw7hoc@f...> wrote:
          > --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Burton" <n6kzb@m...> wrote:
          > > Just bought a 897D, and have a CAT cable working with rig control
          on
          > > Com 1.
          > >
          > > Have tried both Softjump and Widebander to "open up radio".
          > > No go....
          >
          > Mike, read message 12038 posted yesterday.
          > Paul, the author or widebander. He goes into detail about why the
          > software doesn't work on newer rigs.
          >
          > Darren
          > GW7HOC MW5HOC
          > daz(at)ft-817.co.uk
          > http://www.mw5hoc.4t.com
        • KW7DSP Steve Pickering
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 1, 2005
            Many of the USB Serial Ports seem to work fine with most programs, but not
            all of them. If you have confirmed the PC can talk and listen to the FT-8X7,
            then the softjump may not be able to Mod your version of the radio.

            KW7DSP@... Home Address

            KW7DSP@...

            dpickeri@... Student Address

            http://groups.msn.com/TheWizardsDen