Widebanding

  • n9aop2000
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 31, 2005
      Duke,
      I am in the same boat as you as I got the 897D just 2 weeks ago and it
      refuses to be software widebanded.
      Could you please tell me what pads you jumpered and what ones were
      already jumpered. Also, are pads #1 to the rear or the front of the
      radio.
      Thanks-and thanks to those who tried to help with software open.
      Art, N9AOP/AAR5TG
    • Dennis
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 2005
        Check www.mods.dk for the mod on your radio. It will tell you in detail
        about the mars/cap mod and other frequency expansion.
      • thehenge
        Message 3 of 5 , May 20, 2006
          Hi Folks
          What jumpers do I link/remove to enable 500kz band coverage only? and
          is the following the correct layout of jumpers ???? My radio X = link.

          Back of Radio looking down.
          Jumper - 7
          Jumper - 8 x
          Jumper - 9
          Jumper - 4
          Jumper - 5
          Jumper - 6 x
          Jumper - 1 x
          Jumper - 2 x
          Jumper - 3
          Front of Radio
          Read the layout of jumbers somewhere, seems a 1-9 would be easier!
          Many Thanks
          Frederico
        • thehenge
          Message 4 of 5 , May 20, 2006
            Hi Folks
            What jumpers do I link/remove to enable each amatuer band 500kz
            coverage? and is the following the correct layout of jumpers ???? My