Re: [FT897] Widebanding The FT8x7D range

  • Fred
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 31, 2005
      Thanks Paul for your email.
      This wll put many hams with the latest Ft-897Ds at rest .
      Hope the latest information on the eproms becomes avaiable soon, or will Yaesu try and keep ahead of the programmers by keep changing the eprom address.
      Pitty really because we would only like our rigs to work to te UK band plan.
      Fred.
      GW3XVQ.
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2005
        Paul Webb wrote yesterday that he was the author of widebander, and that due
        to FCC interference (not QRN or QRM) he thought YAESU had moved the eeprom
        memory location for the frequency range options.

        At present nobody appears to have this info, and we are the best group to
        try to find it.

        Based on posts to this web site over the past few days it would appear many
        of you have new radios that will not software wideband and will thus have to
        do the hardware mod.

        Since most of you have already bought the cat leads and downloaded software
        it might be worth reading the eeprom before and after your hardware mods and
        posting the eeprom downloads on this site. With luck there may be enough
        info to determine the new memory location and keep ahead of Yaesu.

        It is also possible they regularly read the hardware links rather than
        transferring them to memory in which case we all scuppered, but at least we
        will be better informed.

        I have suggested this to Paul with no reply as yet.

        73's to all

        Mark M0VAU

        _____