RE: [FT897] Re: Modification of 76 - 108 to receive narrow FM

  • Mark Vaughan
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 1, 2005
      Its not nobody noticed

      We didn't believe there was any NFM in this band, we all thought he meant
      WFM and had some other silly problem.

      So we live and learn

      73 Mark M0VAU

      _____

      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 1, 2005
        Hello Mark. I assume he is interested in the bit between 76MHz and 87.5MHz,
        not the broadcast band between 87.5MHz and 108MHz. Seems an odd coverage but
        being as it is done by a Sony module that would explain it as my Sony scanner
        is like that also.

        73, Simon G7GUO

        ?

        writes:

        My FT-897 needs no modification to receive this band. When I switch to the
        FM Braoadcast band, it goes into WFM Mode. Hmmm, the "D" Model won't do
        it?
        That's interesting! Guess I'll keep the one I have.

        73, N4ADO

        andershen2002 <anders.h.henriksson@...> wrote:
        Tnx for reply. I gather that I will have to live with
        that "shortcoming".
        Anders/SM0MQP

        --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "w4cng" <w4cng@b...> wrote:
        > Not unless you can figure out how to modify the Sony FM receiver
        > module, buried in the radio that does the work in that frequency
        > spectrum.
        > Steve W4CNG
        >
        > --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "andershen2002"
        > <anders.h.henriksson@t...> wrote:
        > > Has anyone modified the FT-897D to receive NFM on the 76-108 Mhz
        > band.
        > > If so I shall be grateful to receive info on How To Do It
        > >
        > > SM0MQP/Anders

        _____

      • andershen2002
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 1, 2005
          Hello all

          To clarify what and why I asked for NFM modification.

          The frequency band between 75,2 to 87,5 MhZ is used for "Land
          Mobile" radio in Sweden. The frequencis are populated by a large
          number of Governemental and Commercial users. As this band carries a
          lot of Police, Fire Brigades, Rescue operations traffic I took a
          chance that my FT-897 (one week old) could be used after a minor
          modification. After that I learned that Yaesu are using a Sony
          receiver module for the entire 76 - 108 MhZ band and that this
          module only have an integrated WFM detector I gave up the project.
          I am now using my PCR-1000 scanner which works very well for me.

          I thank all for the response to my query. Well done.
          This thread is now dead.

          Best regards
          Anders/SM0MQP

          --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, g7guo@a... wrote:

          > Hello Mark. I assume he is interested in the bit between 76MHz and
          87.5MHz,
          > not the broadcast band between 87.5MHz and 108MHz. Seems an odd
          coverage but
          > being as it is done by a Sony module that would explain it as my
          Sony scanner
          > is like that also.
          >
          > 73, Simon G7GUO

          mark@v...
          > writes:
          >
          > Its not nobody noticed
          >
          > We didn't believe there was any NFM in this band, we all thought
          he meant
          > WFM and had some other silly problem.
          >
          > So we live and learn
          >
          > 73 Mark M0VAU