Software

  • vk3hag
    Message 1 of 19 , Apr 3 5:50 AM
      Hi all, just got myself a 897D and wondering if anyone out there has
      programming software.

      Thanks

      Ashley, VK3HAG
    • Milton Garb
      Message 2 of 19 , Mar 12, 2007
        I use the N3FJP software. It's inexpensive and works flawlessly for both logging and rig interface..
        Milt.
        W6QE
        A Know Code Ham

      • lee_humphrey65
        Message 3 of 19 , Jan 14, 2015

          Hi can someone please HELP just bought an ft-897D and am trying to get it to talk to my PC to load memories etc, using a mixture of RT systems and FTbasic, so tried 2 different leads, and no comms

          FTbasic states it sees comms using the comm port detect, RT states no comm ports and will do nothing from there on in, tried on 2 separate computers nothing - HELP

          G6BFP

        • steve_ve5sr
          Message 4 of 19 , Jan 18, 2015

            Make sure your data rate matches.  You might have to dig into the actual USB port System settings and make sure it is matching rate and 8N2 settings.  8N1 will give you grief.

            If you don't return a port with RT the driver may not be installed.  Do setup WITHOUT the cord attached.

            If you have a Prolific device, lots of luck.  I have had so many driver issues, I opted for spending on RT programmers.

            73 Steve VE5SR/W4

          • Alain Reiner
            Message 5 of 19 , Jan 18, 2015

              Hi,

              I made a simple program to test the CAT features that are described in the Operation Manual. You can download it from the Group/files/CAT Related.

              it's just an exe file working with windows. It should work with any windows desk version, as it does not write anything in the registers. You put it in a folder and then launch it. At the first launch, it assumes the COM port to be COM1 and the bitrate 4800.  These 2 parameters can be changed, of course, and are stored in a .ini file created by the program in the same folder.

              Best Regards,

              Alain F4HFS

              Hi can someone please HELP just bought an ft-897D and am trying to get it to talk to my PC to load memories etc, using a mixture of RT systems and FTbasic, so tried 2 different leads, and no comms

              FTbasic states it sees comms using the comm port detect, RT states no comm ports and will do nothing from there on in, tried on 2 separate computers nothing - HELP

              G6BFP

            • kennethbudd
              Message 6 of 19 , Feb 14, 2015
                hi ken here ,I had that problem getting the computer to see t5he rig,the ct62 cable,well forget it ,Ihad 2, both u/  s,got a cable from china about £14  and it works,regards ken,mw3zkb,rafars 4680
              • WN6WJN
                Message 7 of 19 , Feb 16, 2015
                  Hi Lee

                  I am under the impression that RT Systems software only work with RT System cables.

                  73

                  Wassim
                  WN6WJN

                  Sent from my iPhone