RE: [FT897] Digest Number 1023

  • TMorton
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2005

      Message: 1
      Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 17:33:53 -0500
      From: "w3iz" <w3iz@...>
      Subject: Carry on Plane

      Hi Group.
      I recently saw some posting about carry cases for the FT-897. Some folks
      mentioned carrying the unit on a plane. I am curious if you get any hassles
      from TSA folks?
      73,
      Norm, W3IZ
      www.w3iz.com

      Norm,
      I use the PortaPak over the shoulder/backpack for carrying the 897 and
      accessories. I just traveled from MIA to Buenos Aires 2 weeks ago and was
      very surprised that the backpack went thru the TSA "strangle" points and
      Xray machines with absolutely no hitch. They did not even ask me to open the
      pack or ask what was in it. I do always carry my FCC license along with the
      operating manual in the backpack just in case.
      You should not have any problems.
      73
      Tom
      K6CT