Re: TX GND pin

  • dr_mark_vaughan
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2, 2005
      FAO Igor UA9CDC
      Hi
      TX Gnd pin is an output from your tranciever (not input) to linear
      amplifiers to tell the linear that it needs to be in transmit and
      generating power. On a FT 857 which is pretty close to an 897 it
      will switch up to 50VDC at up to 400mA and uses a transistor output
      this is switched to ground when in transmit.

      Current abilities vary between radio equipments, but they usually
      operate at least two relays in the linear amp, to change from
      receive to transmit path, and another to control grid bias in valve
      linears.
      Hope this helps
      73, Mark M0VAU
    • Igor Sokolov
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 3, 2005
        Thanks Mark.
        I will assume the TX GNG transistor is rated 50V and 400 mA

        73, Igor UA9CDC