9113Re: [FT897] FT-897 Face Loose

  • Jeff Griffin
    Dec 1, 2004
      While checking into a hotel last summer, some kids running around the lobby
      bumped into my luggage cart knocking my 897D that was in a tight fitting
      case to the floor. I didn't notice any damage until I noticed that the face
      was loose. I removed the face to have a look and found that two of the 4
      plastic tabs holding the face on were broken off, there was also a small
      crack along one side. I ordered a new face plate from Yaesu , at a cost of
      $35 to fix the problem. It took about 15 minutes to install the new face
      plate , no big deal.

      73 Jeff kb2m

      > Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 04:21:30 -0000
      > From: "ke4iza001" <hamradioman@...>
      > Subject: FT-897 Face Loose
      > The face of the FT-897 does not detach does it? Mine is slightly
      > loose. More on the left side. It is only slightly so I do not
      > think it is anything to worry about. Anyone else have this on their
      > FT-897?
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic