40499Re: [FT897] RE: Funky Issue with LDG897PLUS

  • Joel
    Oct 11, 2013
      Yes I used CHIRP to change the mode setting for one 60M channel to CW so its convenient to tune up.

      Once you have your settings for your tuner,  or the solutions in memory in your auto tuner,  you can change it
      back to USB if you wish.  Then a short whistle should be enough to get the tuner to get the setting back.

      See you on 60M !

      73
      Joel
      KQØJ

      On 10/11/2013 9:34 AM, randy.jones@... wrote:

      Hi Philip,

      Unless you've done the wideband mod on your 897D (and, therefore, can't do CW), you'll need to do as another commenter suggested with a long hello or a whistle. Since I've done the wideband mod on my radio, I can just go to CW, FM or AM and key a carrier to tune.

      I've read a number of comments about using programs like CHIRP to change 60 Meter channels, but I don't remember if it also handles modes.

      73, Radio Randy N7CKJ

      ---In ft897@yahoogroups.com, <kmg5443@...> wrote:

      I know the regs prohibit carriers on 60m. How do we get the tuner to work on 60m??

      Philip

      No virus found in this message.

      KQØJ
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic