40496RE: Funky Issue with LDG897PLUS

  • n7ckj
    Oct 11, 2013

      Hi Philip,

      Unless you've done the wideband mod on your 897D (and, therefore, can't do CW), you'll need to do as another commenter suggested with a long hello or a whistle. Since I've done the wideband mod on my radio, I can just go to CW, FM or AM and key a carrier to tune.

      I've read a number of comments about using programs like CHIRP to change 60 Meter channels, but I don't remember if it also handles modes.

      73, Radio Randy N7CKJ

      ---In ft897@yahoogroups.com, <kmg5443@...> wrote:

      I know the regs prohibit carriers on 60m. How do we get the tuner to work on 60m??

      Philip
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic