40487RE: IF 'tap' ideas / suggestions

  • gd1mip
    Oct 10, 2013

      Again  Google is a useful start.... http://www.hamradio.selfip.com/i6ibe/panadapter/panadapter.htm

      ---In FT897@yahoogroups.com, <ft897@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Morning all. I have been looking at the concept of taking the FT897's IF  and feeding it into a software defined radio. The net result with CAT interfacing could be an SDR with the TX path on the FT897.

      Before I waste hours trying to figure this out has anyone been there before?

      The SDR I was looking at as a starter was a simple Kanga kit. The maker claims it will accept anywhere between 0.5 & 72 Mhz so the FT897's 1st IF of 68.33 MHz  or even the 2nd IF  of 455 kHz may be a possibility.

      thanks   Andy

      GD1MIP

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic