40480Re: [FT897] INRAD 300 HZ FILTER (#712 -- 300 Hz 455 kHz) PROBLEM

  • D.J.J. Ring, Jr.
    Oct 8, 2013

      I have heard that the 2,000 Hz filter has the passband changed.

      Since both filters came from the same place, I would contact them.

      Have you tried NOT using the 2,000 Hz filter and just the stock Yaesu filter the putting on the 300 Hz filter?  Is there a frequency jump also?

      See if you can measure the delta frequency (change in frequency) between 2,000 Hz filter passband and 300 Hz filter.

      I'm guessing it is about 300 to 400 Hz, but contact INRAD.

      David N1EA

      On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 1:40 PM, SV1CNS <vorfanos@...> wrote:
      Best regards from ATHENS GREECE
      I have purchased from inrad newly two filters 1)the 2.0 khz filter (#720 -- 2000 Hz 455 kHz SSB) and 2)the 300 hz filter(#712 -- 300 Hz 455 kHz)for my new yaesy ft-897d transceiver.
      After installation i made some check to see if everything is ok with the new filters but i see problem with inrad #712 -- 300 Hz 455 kHz CW 7-pole Collins filter.
      The problem is when i m in cw mode and i try to listen a station i centered to this station with the other filters (inrad 2000 hz and the yaesu ceramic filter) everything is ok and the cw-t led lighting but when i go to the narrow 300 hz filter the cw signal lost and i re tune with my dial to find and centerd the signal.I found and listen  the cw signal usually down and when i try centered the signal the led don't light.When i use the if-shift and adjust the center frequency of the IF filter bandpass i listen the cw and the cw-t blink ok.
      I try many times with other cw signal but the same problem.I put this 300 hz filter and to another ft-897 transceiver but also same results.
      Please i need some help to solve this problem .

      BEST 73 de SV1CNS - VASSILIS

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to: