39548Re: [FT897] GROUNDING / Weird sounding warbling tone

  • Joel
    Jun 20, 2013
      Not sure what your point is on that.

      If I add a ground rod to my shack and tie it into my equipment that is
      also
      grounded via the power outlet, I am creating a system with two different
      ground systems which violates the NEC and may create insurance problems
      with a claim. My understanding is that all grounds must be tied
      together at
      a common point - this would include any ground that had a path back to the
      power distribution panel via my rig to the power plug. In my case it
      would be impossible
      to bind a ground outside my operating position with the one on the other
      side of the house
      where the utilities are grounded.

      Someone knowledgeable please correct me if I am mistaken.

      If I somehow had a RF ground that was totally separate from the AC mains
      , that
      would be a different story. But this is impossible for my equipment.

      My point is that In my station, I do not need an RF ground for good
      functioning of the equipment.

      Cheers

      KQØJ