Re: [FT100] Re: ATAS-100 coverage

  • Pres Waterman
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2001
      > > I also am having some problems getting the SWR to dip above 24MHz.
      > In other
      > > words, 10 and 6m seem to never bottom out, in the current
      > installation I
      > > have just set up. It is grounded to the car. Anyone else faced this?
      > >
      > > Pres Waterman, W2PW
      > > c/o Patchogue 112 Ford//Kia 112
      > > Long Island Ford and Kia Dealer
      > >

      > Place a ground at the radio and antenna end and try it, most of my
      > problems were lack of a good ground at the radio and a good one at
      > the antenna mount.. It tunes great on all bands now.. Regards.. Richy
      > N2ZD

      Good thought, Rich. As you know the 817 is QRP and I was assuming QRP does
      not have the same grounding requirements, but that is short-sided. Also, the
      rig is basically not grounded because it is a portable. I will try some
      auxiliary grounding.

      BTW the NB is crap on that rig.

      Pres Waterman, W2PW
      c/o Patchogue 112 Ford//Kia 112
      Long Island Ford and Kia Dealer

      GO BILLS!
    • ss409ss@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2001
        > Good thought, Rich. As you know the 817 is QRP and I was assuming
        QRP does
        > not have the same grounding requirements, but that is short-sided.
        Also, the
        > rig is basically not grounded because it is a portable. I will try
        some
        > auxiliary grounding.
        >
        > BTW the NB is crap on that rig.
        >
        > Pres Waterman, W2PW

        I know its just a situation with the antenna, no counterpoise,
        radials etc.. A good ground is whats needed to make em work as they
        should. You can run into the parts area of your shop and grab two of
        those engine valve cover ground straps,they work perfect as they are
        flat and already have the eyelets on each end, thats what I used on
        mine.
        Regards.. Richy N2ZD
      • Pres Waterman
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 1, 2001
          > Wondering what you do for Patchoque ford... I live here on LI

          Hi Tom. I work in the mail room. And I go to court. And I sign checks! <G>

          Pres Waterman, W2PW
          c/o Patchogue 112 Ford//Kia 112
          Long Island Ford and Kia Dealer

          GO BILLS!
        • K2TFC
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 1, 2001
            Hello Pres,

            Wondering what you do for Patchoque ford... I live here on LI

            Tom

            > > I also am having some problems getting the SWR to dip above 24MHz.
            > In other
            > > words, 10 and 6m seem to never bottom out, in the current
            > installation I
            > > have just set up. It is grounded to the car. Anyone else faced this?
            > >
            > > Pres Waterman, W2PW
            > > c/o Patchogue 112 Ford//Kia 112
            > > Long Island Ford and Kia Dealer
            > >

            > Place a ground at the radio and antenna end and try it, most of my
            > problems were lack of a good ground at the radio and a good one at
            > the antenna mount.. It tunes great on all bands now.. Regards.. Richy
            > N2ZD

            Good thought, Rich. As you know the 817 is QRP and I was assuming QRP does
            not have the same grounding requirements, but that is short-sided. Also, the
            rig is basically not grounded because it is a portable. I will try some
            auxiliary grounding.

            BTW the NB is crap on that rig.

            Pres Waterman, W2PW
            c/o Patchogue 112 Ford//Kia 112
            Long Island Ford and Kia Dealer

            GO BILLS!

            Post message: FT100@yahoogroups.com
            Subscribe: FT100-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
            FAQ on WWW: http://members.home.com/k0lee/ft100faq.html

            We are all a part of this Lets make it as good as possible.