Re: [FT100] FT100D CAT

  • Julian White
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2001
      I dont agree Blaine. OFF ATAS1 ATAS2 have nothing to do with the CAT. Im
      setup right now for ATAS1 and my CAT control works fine I also tried it on
      ATAS2 and OFF.
      It may made other setting changes at the same time which gave the impression
      of this being true. Try youll see.
      Julian

      Julian White
      Project Manager
      JW IT-Consultants
      Seppäsenkuja 5
      Oulu 90800
      Finland
      gsm +358-45-675-3780
      fax +358-45-685-3780
      web http://www.indiespin.net
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2001
        I think that part of the confusion is that the FC20 autotuner uses the
        serial port to communicate with the FT100 so it's not available for CAT
        functions. There's really no reason to disable CAT when using the ATAS so
        CAT should work all the settings except TUNER.

        I quote from FC20 portion of the FAQ:

        "People have identified two limitations to the FC-20, the matching range and
        the inability to use both CAT control and the tuner simultaneously. If you
        don't need a wide matching range and don't use the CAT control with the
        radio, then the FC-20 is reported to operate very smoothly and is well
        integrated with the radio. If these limitations are important to you
        should consider the LDG AT-11 autotuner. "

        73,
        Lee Devlin, K0LEE
        Greeley, CO Visit the FT100 FAQ at: