Re: PDA controlling FT-100

  • Sandor
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1, 2001
      --- In FT100@y..., djdubuque@y... wrote:
      > Basically, I'm taking a survey to see if there is any interest in
      > controlling the FT-100 with a PDA. This would give you a place to
      > store memory functions, log contacts and any other items rather
      then
      > having a laptop computer in your car. I currently carry my PDA for
      > GPS functions. Development would begin once the survey is
      completed.

      > 73
      > Don
      > KE4IAP
      This is a great idea! I have the Sharp OZ 770 and would like to have
      software to run the ft 100 logging and ect..
      Thanks
      KG4FET
    • Jerry, K5OE
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 1, 2001
        Don,
        Great idea! One of my main uses for my FT-100 these days is mobile
        satellite contacts and I always have my m100 with me to run PocketSat
        tracking software. I use a standalone GPS, so the port is free.
        73,
        Jerry, K5OE
      • Andrew Davidson
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 2, 2001
          I would certainly be keen to try something along the lines you mention,
          especially if it's to run on the pocket PC Platform !!

          If you are thinking Palm or some other platform I would be interested in a
          co-operative devlopment with you, as I have recently completed a Sat
          Tracking program for the pocket PC (see www.qsl.net/zl3tpl/) written in
          embedded Visual Basic.

          I look forward to hearing more on this topic.
          73
          Andy
          ZL3TPL
        • Scott E. Olitsky