no lemon here

  • nworbekim@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2000
      i've only had my FT100 for a couple of weeks and it isn't used
      mobile, yet... i do intend it for the camper next summer where i will
      be using monoband hamsticks... however, in the shack, it has
      performed as it is expected to thus far...

      i use a B&K folded dipole up about 40 feet... no problems with it
      either... 2 to 1 swr or less on all but 1.8... would be there too if
      it were up in the air higher...

      i can even work 6 meters with it, which is a perk because they don't
      say it can...

      its performing as well as any i've had, but then, in the 11 years i
      have had my ticket, i've only owned 6 radios... i can't afford to
      swap around each time a new one comes out...

      so my databank is not as deep as some...

      seeya!
    • Steven Palm
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2000
        Okay, this is probably not even an FT-100 specific issue, but I'm
        hoping some of you with FT-100 rigs will have encountered this in
        your current or previous installations and can provide some advice.

        I am using the FT-100 with the ATAS-100 in my 94 Honda Civic. I have
        the ATAS mounted with a trunk mount on the hood, and it is grounded.
        I have no problems with tuning up on any band, and it does so on the
        first pass, I don't have to have it re-seek to find it's spot.

        However, one of the first contacts I have made with the rig yielded a
        report that I had distortion on my signal, likely an RF source
        getting back into the rig.

        I have the head remoted, and it has the supplied ferrite collar on it
        by the radio. I did, though, use the mike extension which does not
        have a collar, and have an external speaker plugged in which also
        does not have a collar.

        Any suggestions on where specifically to look or how to help test for
        this RF problem? I know this is pretty generic, but I'm hoping
        somone can offer some wisdom.

        Since this isn't purlely FT-100 related, you may choose to use e-mail
        direct to me, and I would happily summamrize to the list or to anyone
        who asks me for the information I get.

        Thanks!

        Steven

        --