Re: All freq mod. Help request.

  • kg4fet@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 1, 2000
      --- In FT100@egroups.com, Alek Petkovic <vk6apk@e...> wrote:
      > Norm, your radio is normal. If you get the mod to work, let me
      know. I have
      > a friend who tried it and it does not work for him. Nobody on this
      list
      > wants to admit to having done the mod and so it's hard to get any
      specific
      > details. The published procedure seems a bit ambiguous and so I'm
      very
      > interested to hear of your success or otherwise. I'm standing by to
      do the
      > mod on my own radio as soon as somebody tells me that it definitely
      works.
      > Good luck.
      >
      > 73,
      > Alek VK6APK.
      >

      > At 12:14 AM 01-07-00 +0000, you wrote:
      Alek,
      I have modded mine out and it works great. The AM Tx is a little
      rough but thats my voice I think rather then the rigs fault. AM
      audio is muffled no matter what I do. I have tried to play with it a
      bit but to no avail as yet. I have made a couple of 6 meter AM
      contacts but the audio reports were awful. When modded out it really
      opens the TX on UHF/VHF.
      73 to the group de KG4FET/AG Sandor 28.390 Home HF freq NE Fla Duval
      county no 1010 but WWD # 1351
      > >I opened up the front pannel and found the row of 4 service mount
      > >resistors (actually only 3). One of the pads was empty. Does this
      > >mean that there is only one resistor to remove. OR do I have a
      > >version that has a different pc board layout.
      > >
      > >Norm at wb6shi@a...

      -----
      > >P.S. - You have to check this link out, it's pretty funny.
      -----

      > >We are all a part of this Lets make it as good as possible.
    • Norman Davis WB6SHI
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 1, 2000
        Alek
        That was perfect. Thankyou.
      • Kent
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 1, 2000
          Sheeesh, I have done the mod, just for experimental purposes.

          Kent, K9EZ

          > Norm, your radio is normal. If you get the mod to work, let me know. I
          have
          > a friend who tried it and it does not work for him. Nobody on this list
          > wants to admit to having done the mod and so it's hard to get any specific
          > details. The published procedure seems a bit ambiguous and so I'm very
          > interested to hear of your success or otherwise. I'm standing by to do the
          > mod on my own radio as soon as somebody tells me that it definitely works.
          > Good luck.
          >
          > 73,
          > Alek VK6APK.
          >

          > At 12:14 AM 01-07-00 +0000, you wrote:
          > >I opened up the front pannel and found the row of 4 service mount
          > >resistors (actually only 3). One of the pads was empty. Does this
          > >mean that there is only one resistor to remove. OR do I have a
          > >version that has a different pc board layout.
          > >
          > >Norm at wb6shi@...

          > >P.S. - You have to check this link out, it's pretty funny.
          > >
          > >We are all a part of this Lets make it as good as possible.

          > Just when you thought it was over...
          >
          > We are all a part of this Lets make it as good as possible.

        • dave hardinger
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 2, 2000
            The mods on the internet are not quite the same as the official
            yaesu mod, If you provide your dealer with a copy of your
            MARS license you will get a copy of the yaesu mod, which
            will not void your warrenty. If you do the mod you will lose
            the ARTS and SCH functions, and perhaps others yet unknown.