Re: [FT100] Heil Mic

  • VA3DG
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 1, 2007
      I made my own adapter utilizing a short piece of CAT5 cable with the
      appropriate plug (not sure if it's an RJ11 or 12, whichever the FT-100 uses)
      on one end and an 8 pin chassis mount jack on the other end. The shell from
      any mic connector will screw onto the rear of the chassis mount connector to
      enclose the connections. For the PTT, I used a short piece of coax connected
      to the PTT pins on the 8 pin chassis mount and terminated the other end with
      a 3.5mm inline jack. I use a 3.5mm plug for my foot switch (could also be
      used for a hand operated switch). The radio requires a small resistor from
      the PTT hot to ground, not sure what size I used.

      It might sound complicated but it's not. It took me almost as long to
      type this msg. as it did to make the adapter!!
      The parts didn't cost me anywhere near $20. If anybody's interested, contact
      me directly, and I'll take some pics and pass them along.

      BTW....I didn't have to cut any traces or anything like that, except the
      pieces of CAT5 and coax.

      HNY
      Darrell,
      VA3DG/VE3DDG