FC40 Antenna Tuner with FT100D

  • Ray Roche
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 6, 2006
      Yaesu have released the FC40 autotuner and I have a chance to buy one
      second hand. This tuner is listed as being compatible with the 857 &
      897 but these have identical signals on the access socket to the 100d.

      Has anyone tried the Fc40 on a Ft100D?

      Ray
      vk1zjr
    • Randy Wing
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 6, 2006
        Ray,

        Not to answer your question, but maybe this adds to why it might not. some
        of the signals could be digital ones and the older models might not have the
        programming to use it - so it might not hurt the radio, but it might work
        incompletely.

        I am, like you, very interested in the answer to this one - I don't have an
        FT100D - just an FT100.

        Thanks,

        Randy

        N0LD