Ft 100 VHF/UHF fan mod

  • n4jdg
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 3, 2006
      I'm probably just overlooking it somewhere, but I can't seem to locate
      the fan mod that makes the fans run at low speed while receiving in
      VHF/UHF. Can someone tell me where I can find that?

      Thanks.
    • Eric van de Weyer
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 3, 2006
        Hi J,

        Actually I can't see a direct link to it there but if you go back through
        the earlier posts, especially 2-3 years ago, you will find a lot of
        references to the "fan mod'.

        It's very simple, really and consists of a resistor between the negative
        lead of one of the fans (either one, they are in parallel) to ground.
        Various values have been suggested from about 30 Ohms up to a few hundred
        Ohms although about 50 Ohms was common. I used about 100 Ohms as a balance
        between the noise of the constantly running fans and cooling air flow. The
        fans still do their normal think of running at full speed during
        transmissions and for about 7 seconds after the PTT is dropped.

        73..Eric VK2VE.

        _____

        I'm probably just overlooking it somewhere, but I can't seem to locate
        the fan mod that makes the fans run at low speed while receiving in
        VHF/UHF. Can someone tell me where I can find that?

        Thanks.

        Post message: FT100@yahoogroups.com
        Subscribe: FT100-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
        FAQ on WWW: http://www.k0lee.com/ft100faq.html

        We are all a part of this Lets make it as good as possible.

        Craft
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Craft+hobby&w1=Craft+hobby&w2=Knowledge
        +base+system&w3=Knowledge+base+solution&w4=Knowledge+base+management&w5=Ham+
        radio+antenna&w6=Ham+radio&c=6&s=142&.sig=L_yfzgKY3yHuJsLZzAdrpg> hobby

        Knowledge
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Knowledge+base+system&w1=Craft+hobby&w2
        =Knowledge+base+system&w3=Knowledge+base+solution&w4=Knowledge+base+manageme
        nt&w5=Ham+radio+antenna&w6=Ham+radio&c=6&s=142&.sig=yWj4_Ldhgj4Hd7u2zOVxvw>
        base system

        Knowledge
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Knowledge+base+solution&w1=Craft+hobby&
        w2=Knowledge+base+system&w3=Knowledge+base+solution&w4=Knowledge+base+manage
        ment&w5=Ham+radio+antenna&w6=Ham+radio&c=6&s=142&.sig=FZncFlmcIlWBsjYJ_kywmQ
        > base solution

        Knowledge
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Knowledge+base+management&w1=Craft+hobb
        y&w2=Knowledge+base+system&w3=Knowledge+base+solution&w4=Knowledge+base+mana
        gement&w5=Ham+radio+antenna&w6=Ham+radio&c=6&s=142&.sig=x05oQJtj33Bh2gJr-i0j
        aw> base management

        Ham
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Ham+radio+antenna&w1=Craft+hobby&w2=Kno
        wledge+base+system&w3=Knowledge+base+solution&w4=Knowledge+base+management&w
        5=Ham+radio+antenna&w6=Ham+radio&c=6&s=142&.sig=gGX1lKVuHbeM-F930nBqvA>
        radio antenna

        Ham
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Ham+radio&w1=Craft+hobby&w2=Knowledge+b
        ase+system&w3=Knowledge+base+solution&w4=Knowledge+base+management&w5=Ham+ra
        dio+antenna&w6=Ham+radio&c=6&s=142&.sig=TEfIAl5dBZ3kJsc5S9vOsg> radio

        _____

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        the web.

        _____

      • larry someone
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 4, 2006
          Hi J.....I put a 2 watt 57 ohm between the ground and ground wire on the fans...73,WA4Fuy...Larry

          n4jdg <ki4ich@...> wrote: I'm probably just overlooking it somewhere, but I can't seem to locate
          the fan mod that makes the fans run at low speed while receiving in
          VHF/UHF. Can someone tell me where I can find that?

          Thanks.

          Post message: FT100@yahoogroups.com
          Subscribe: FT100-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
          FAQ on WWW: http://www.k0lee.com/ft100faq.html

          We are all a part of this Lets make it as good as possible.

          Craft hobby Knowledge base system Knowledge base solution Knowledge base management Ham radio antenna Ham radio