Re: [FT100] CT-62 Cable

  • william turner
    Message 1 of 6 , May 1 3:52 AM
      If the connector is for the data port on you 100D I am
      pretty sure a connector from a computer keyboard will
      fit so just ask around for a broken keyboard and cut
      off the end.
      bill
      --- Tim Hughes <n5epi@...> wrote:
      > Can someone help me find a line on the Mini Din male
      > Connector?
      > I have all the other parts. I build the interface I
      > just need the
      > connector.
      >
      > Thanks for all the help so for.
      > N5EPI
      > The old man in Baton Rouge,La
      > 73's

      test'; ">

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Doyle Hudgens
      Message 2 of 6 , May 1 8:02 AM
        If you take a used connector from a computer keyboard,
        etc. make sure to check the pin-outs. Not all
        connectors are wired for every pin (no wire to each
        pin in the connector). Found this out the hard way
        ;-).
        You do not need all of them, but my luck was 2 i
        needed were not wired.

        Doyle
      • VA3DG
        Message 3 of 6 , May 1 2:56 PM
          Hi All....
          I believe the original post was for a plug for a CT-62 cable for CAT
          operation. That's the plug which goes into the BAND DATA Cable Pigtail (pg.4
          in Operating Manual). It's an 8 pin mini DIN, NOT a 6 pin mini DIN.
          Keyboard and mice plugs are 6 pin min DIN, which are OK for the DATA Jack,
          for hooking up a TNC. Just make sure to check the pin-outs as mentioned
          below. Been there....done that.
          Cheers es GL....
          Darrell,
          VA3DG/VE3DDG

          > If you take a used connector from a computer keyboard,
          > etc. make sure to check the pin-outs. Not all
          > connectors are wired for every pin (no wire to each
          > pin in the connector). Found this out the hard way
          > ;-).
          > You do not need all of them, but my luck was 2 i
          > needed were not wired.
          >

          > Doyle

        • The Simpsons
          Message 4 of 6 , May 1 4:57 PM
            Check out an Apple computer dealer. I think you'll find that some Apple
            peripherals use the same 8 pin connector. I got one off an old Apple printer
            cable, I think it was.

            Grant, ZL2BK.

            > I believe the original post was for a plug for a CT-62 cable for CAT
            > operation. That's the plug which goes into the BAND DATA Cable Pigtail
            > (pg.4
            > in Operating Manual). It's an 8 pin mini DIN, NOT a 6 pin mini DIN.
            > Keyboard and mice plugs are 6 pin min DIN, which are OK for the DATA Jack,
            > for hooking up a TNC. Just make sure to check the pin-outs as mentioned
            > below. Been there....done that.
            > Cheers es GL....
            > Darrell,
            > VA3DG/VE3DDG
          • Eric van de Weyer
            Message 5 of 6 , May 2 1:59 AM
              Places like RS and Farnell here in Australia, as well as several of the
              other local suppliers have all the mini DIN range but I don't know who their
              equivalents would be Stateside.

              73..Eric VK2VE

              _____

              > I believe the original post was for a plug for a CT-62 cable for CAT
              > operation. That's the plug which goes into the BAND DATA Cable Pigtail
              > (pg.4
              > in Operating Manual). It's an 8 pin mini DIN, NOT a 6 pin mini DIN.
              > Keyboard and mice plugs are 6 pin min DIN, which are OK for the DATA Jack,
              > for hooking up a TNC. Just make sure to check the pin-outs as mentioned
              > below. Been there....done that.
              > Cheers es GL....
              > Darrell,
              > VA3DG/VE3DDG

              Post message: FT100@yahoogroups.com
              Subscribe: FT100-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
              FAQ on WWW: http://www.k0lee.com/ft100faq.html

              We are all a part of this Lets make it as good as possible.

              _____

              Yahoo! Groups Links