Re: ft100d

  • Anthony
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 1, 2005
      I will have ago.
      I think you have a FT-100D and you cannot key up a 2mtr repeater
      because you do not know how to set the tone sq and ID.
      First if you are in the States you need to know the CTCSS code to
      open the rptr and then set your radio to tx the code when you press
      the ptt. Also make sure you have selected the RPT button for either
      a +/- offset. After that scroll to the TON button and press it for 2
      seconds, then turn the main dial until you come to the correct CTCSS
      code you need to open the rptr. After that press the 'FUNC' button
      only once and then press the TON button once aswell, which will set
      the radio to tx the CTCSS code that you have programmed. If you want
      you can press the TON button again so that the rcvr is set for TSQ
      operation, but make sure the rptr is txing a tone otherwise your
      rcvr will be deaf. With the ID, you don't need to use it for basic
      operating.

      Goodluck,
      Anthony
      vk2new.

      --- In FT100@yahoogroups.com, "ku4lxjcj" <ku4lx@c...> wrote:

      > hello all i can get my ft1000d to key up on 2meter i think yhat i
      am
      > not set up tone rigt toneseq and id
    • Stuart L. Morris
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 2, 2005
        There is also another reason why you might be having difficulty. The
        FT-100D is incredibly fussy about the supply voltage. If the voltage
        drops below 13v my 100D VCO drifts noticably as do the CTCSS tones. I
        thought I'd got a major problem when my 100D stopped opening 2m
        repeaters and when I did get in people said that I sounded slightly off
        frequency. Having re-wired the radio with a better power supply in the
        car the problem went away.

        If you have tried everything in Anthony's message and you're still
        having problems then check the voltage supplied to your rig especially
        under transmit load.

        Stuart
        M1XTN

        Anthony wrote:

        >I will have ago.
        >I think you have a FT-100D and you cannot key up a 2mtr repeater
        >because you do not know how to set the tone sq and ID.
        >First if you are in the States you need to know the CTCSS code to
        >open the rptr and then set your radio to tx the code when you press
        >the ptt. Also make sure you have selected the RPT button for either
        >a +/- offset. After that scroll to the TON button and press it for 2
        >seconds, then turn the main dial until you come to the correct CTCSS
        >code you need to open the rptr. After that press the 'FUNC' button
        >only once and then press the TON button once aswell, which will set
        >the radio to tx the CTCSS code that you have programmed. If you want
        >you can press the TON button again so that the rcvr is set for TSQ
        >operation, but make sure the rptr is txing a tone otherwise your
        >rcvr will be deaf. With the ID, you don't need to use it for basic
        >operating.
        >
        >Goodluck,
        >Anthony
        >vk2new.
        >

        >--- In FT100@yahoogroups.com, "ku4lxjcj" <ku4lx@c...> wrote:
        >

        >>hello all i can get my ft1000d to key up on 2meter i think yhat i
        >>

        >am
        >

        >>not set up tone rigt toneseq and id
        >>

        >Post message: FT100@yahoogroups.com
        >Subscribe: FT100-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
        >FAQ on WWW: http://www.k0lee.com/ft100faq.html
        >
        >We are all a part of this Lets make it as good as possible.
        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • muz52ca
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 13, 2006
          good evening all, i am selling ft100d with am filter all cables,
          tunerand mike just wanna give you first chance before posting on
          ontario swap shopand e bay tnx further info at ve3gup@...
        • muz52ca
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 13, 2006
            good evening again noticed the email shortened itis
            ve3guo@... tnx fer ur patience
          • William Young

              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 13, 2006
                sure messed this up email is