RE: [FT100] Re: Extening 40M

  • Eric van de Weyer
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2004
      Hi Mark,

      That's probably one way of doing it as long as it doesn't impact on any
      other bands that you use. Just remember that is you change the region
      settings that you will wipe the memories and will have to enter them all
      anew.

      73..Eric VK2VE

      _____

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2004
        Hi Mark,
        Good plan, and certainly the least intrusive.
        BUT watch out for 80M, which is different for the UK and, of course
        2M. If you're a VHF user, then you'll probably find the automatic
        repeater shift selection useful - and it's wrong on V/UHF unless the
        rig is correctly set to the UK.
        Opening it up to all band is very simple - and with care, you can
        save the resistors to re-install if you want to sell the rig on (you
        won't!). The only thing to watch is that, if unlocked, it's very
        easy, particularly when mobile, to operate accidentally out of
        band....

        I can help you with either (best done off-line) if you want.

        73 de John, G0GCD/M
        2xFT100 owner!