Re: Durango installation pictures

  • David Balko
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2000
      Hello Lee

      Have you considered the RF given off the antenna at that location and
      your being only a couple feet away from a 100 watt signal?
      I do not think that would meet the FCC requirment for safety.

      Sorry..

      73, Dave W8GUR

      Lee810@... wrote:

      > From: Lee810@...
      >
      > I put some pictures on my web site of an installation of an FT100/ATAS100 on
      > my Dodge Durango. You can see them at:
      >
      > http://members.aol.com/lee810/durango.html
      >
      > 73,
      >
      > Lee Devlin, K�LEE (K0LEE)
      > Greeley, CO
      > http://members.aol.com/lee810/ham.html

      > GET A NEXTCARD VISA, in 30 seconds. Get rates as low as 0.0 percent
      > Intro APR and no hidden fees. Apply NOW.

      > We are all a part of this Lets make it as good as possible.
    • David Balko
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2000
        Another note Lee... I am mounting my FT-100 Control head up near the
        winshield. In the Olds Bravada there is a molding that comes up and
        arond and I made a 'L' bracket to mount the head. Works great and is
        easy to see whithout taking your eyes off of the road.

        73, Dave

        PS I have the HS1500 Screwdriver antenna just off the back left
        tailight. It is mounted from a bracket in the trailer hitch. I had it
        made at a Custom Welding/Fabricating near here.

        Lee810@... wrote:

        > From: Lee810@...
        >
        > I put some pictures on my web site of an installation of an FT100/ATAS100 on
        > my Dodge Durango. You can see them at:
        >
        > http://members.aol.com/lee810/durango.html
        >
        > 73,
        >
        > Lee Devlin, K�LEE (K0LEE)
        > Greeley, CO
        > http://members.aol.com/lee810/ham.html

        > GET A NEXTCARD VISA, in 30 seconds. Get rates as low as 0.0 percent
        > Intro APR and no hidden fees. Apply NOW.

        > We are all a part of this Lets make it as good as possible.
      • Robert Gauss
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 1, 2000
          BTW I ran some numbers on an RF saftey program that I have.
          At 50 watts average power the limit is about 3 ft for areas
          that you control and about 7 ft for areas out of your
          control.

          I see little problem with the hood mounted antenna because
          you are somewhat shielded by the cab and you can see who is
          approaching your antenna. The rear mounted one is more out
          of your control and if you are operating stationary,
          walkers could be exposed to RF above the limit. These
          limits are very conservative and routinely exceeded by
          significant amounts in my industry, Magnetic Resonance
          Imaging.

          Bob

          =====
          Robert Gauss - Aurora, Ohio - W8CBR@...