CT-62 Memory editing

  • sm7ygz
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 3, 2004
      Hi !!

      Is there any good software to use for edit the memorys on my FT-100 ?
      Have tryed som software but they don't manage the memory banks in the
      radio.

      73

      SM7YGZ Rob
    • Bill Metzger
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 3, 2004
        Unfortunately there is no way to do this. Yaesu did not incorporate the
        ability to program the memories via CAT. The 857 can do this. I had the
        same plan and after buying the FT-100 found that it could not be done. I
        still have the rig but also have a 857D. The 857 is clearly much more user
        friendly in this regard.

        Good luck.

        Bill
        KF0OH
        > Is there any good software to use for edit the memorys on my FT-100 ?
        > Have tryed som software but they don't manage the memory banks in the
        > radio.
        >
        > 73
        >
        > SM7YGZ Rob
        >

        > Post message: FT100@yahoogroups.com
        > Subscribe: FT100-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
        > FAQ on WWW: http://www.k0lee.com/ft100faq.html
        >
        > We are all a part of this Lets make it as good as possible.
        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Stephen C. Finch
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 3, 2004
          Rob,

          The FT-100(D) memories cannot be managed by software.

          This is a real inconvenience but cannot be overcome.

          Steve

          AIØW

          Is there any good software to use for edit the memorys on my FT-100 ?
          Have tryed som software but they don't manage the memory banks in the
          radio.

          73

          SM7YGZ Rob

          Post message: FT100@yahoogroups.com
          Subscribe: FT100-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
          FAQ on WWW: http://www.k0lee.com/ft100faq.html

          We are all a part of this Lets make it as good as possible.

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129s1ocrh/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=gr
          oups/S=1705063108:HM/EXP=1088966715/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*http:/compa
          nion.yahoo.com> click here

          :HM/A=2128215/rand=814746763>

          _____

          Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Dennis
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 5, 2004
            Some months ago KK5YY put together a procedure to speed up the manual
            process only available in the FT100.

            I don't know where it is in the archives of this group, but I have a
            copy of the text file, 2772 bytes.
            In it he describes how to use the CAT program "FTBasic", authored by Bob
            Freeth G4HFQ & available from his web site.
            I have not used the method myself but it seems to be the answer.

            Just my 2 cents worth.
            Have a good day,
            73 de Dennis VK5OF dandba@... VK5OF@VK5TTY.#ADL.#SA.AUS.OC
          • g4hfq
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 6, 2004
              --- In FT100@yahoogroups.com, Dennis <dandba@s...> wrote:
              > Some months ago KK5YY put together a procedure to speed up the
              manual process only available in the FT100... <snip>

              KK5YY's procedure uses a CAT control program to do the tuning of the
              rig to the right frequency and mode, and setting of the desired CTCSS
              tone or DCS code. All that is then required is a bit of button
              pressing to enter that information into a memory.

              If you don't already have a suitable program to do this you can
              download FTBCAT from here:

              http://www.g4hfq.co.uk/download.html (look for ftbcatfull.exe)

              a web-based version of the help file is here:

              http://www.g4hfq.co.uk/ftbcathelp/ftbcathelp.htm

              FTBCAT is free, and is CAT control only from FTBasic (no in-the-rig
              memory management). The in-the-rig memory management has been moved
              into a new program FTBasicMMO (Memory Management Only) which is
              currently in beta testing.

              73,
              Bob G4HFQ