SWR icon

  • Pres Waterman
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2000
      Hi folks. I have an intermittent HI-SWR problem especially on 10m where the
      ATAS will tune fine and work OK for a couple of transmissions then decide
      the SWR is unacceptable. Should I think the installation is flaky or is this
      a known bug? I don't think I have had the 440MHz do this.

      Happy New Year

      Pres Waterman W2PW
      c/o Patchogue Motors, Inc.
      Long Island Ford and Kia Dealer

      GO BILLS!
    • W1PO@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2000
        In a message dated 01/01/2000 12:08:16 PM Eastern Standard Time,
        pres@... writes:

        << From: "Pres Waterman" <pres@...>

        Hi folks. I have an intermittent HI-SWR problem especially on 10m where the
        ATAS will tune fine and work OK for a couple of transmissions then decide
        the SWR is unacceptable. Should I think the installation is flaky or is this
        a known bug? I don't think I have had the 440MHz do this.

        Happy New Year

        Pres Waterman W2PW >>

        Looks like you finally got the unfixable bug. I have had this problem since
        June and with 4 trips to the factory, the last being a NTF, I am pretty
        disappointed right now. I did experience the same problem on 440 but they
        were able to fix that one. Mine has been affected on 17 and 10 meters. There
        is no nown fix to this one. Supposedly a shielding mod came from Japan, but
        it has not fixed my probelm after the installation at Cerritos. I am
        contemplating the verbage to the letter I shall soon write to Mr. Lynn. Let
        me know if you find a fix, then tell the boys at the factory!!

        Dan, W1PO

        Dan Szymanowski
      • Rob Boux
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 2, 2000
          Mr. Lynn is a LYING S.O.B.!

          That guy will tell you anything but the truth!
          The FT-100 has MAJOR problems! Take it from me after going through HELL with
          Yeasu in May with the two FT-100's that fried on me. Mr. Lynn told me they
          had NO returns or problems with the radio that he was aware of and to send
          it into the factory, ( Like all the rest no doubt! ). Don't trust him to
          help you out!