Processor?

  • wa3rey
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2003
      If I have Menu 16 (DSP Mic Eq) set at OFF,

      do I still have speech processing on transmit when I hit PRO or
      Processing on the FUNC Menu?

      73,

      Tom, WA3REY
    • Gene
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2003
        If I understand the manual correctly, the answer is YES. The DSP Mic
        Eq is for emphsis on a specific 'band' of audio frequencies like a
        low-cut, mid-range or high-cut audio filter does only it uses DSP to
        emphasize the selected audio portion.

        Gene KI6LO

        --- In FT100@yahoogroups.com, "wa3rey" <wa3rey@a...> wrote:
        > If I have Menu 16 (DSP Mic Eq) set at OFF,
        >
        > do I still have speech processing on transmit when I hit PRO or
        > Processing on the FUNC Menu?
        >
        > 73,
        >
        > Tom, WA3REY
      • backhoefade
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 4, 2003
          That's right. There is a mic DSP function that tailors your TX
          audio response but generally I have found and heard from others that
          the OFF position is best.

          Regarding the Processor function, the User's Manual is incorrect in
          its functional description. The compression level is fixed in the
          rig at a low value, roughly 15 dB. The adjustment within the
          processor function (ie. when PRO is enabled) is simply an alternate
          mic gain setting for when you have the processor enabled. In other
          words, once you find the appropriate mic gain setting without the
          processor enabled, you should use the same setting within the "PRO"
          function when you have the processor enabled. See http://www.mods.dk

          73 N6AF Chas