Re: [FT100] Porta Peater

  • Bob Allen
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 1, 2003
      Try http://www.transcryptsecure.com/Transpeater.pdf found while
      searching for "portable repeater"

      --
      Bob and Marsha
      KB1FRW and KB1GMD
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 1, 2003
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 1, 2003
          Have you considered the possibility of taking the
          audio output of the receiver (external speaker output)
          of one radio and connectiong it to the microphone
          input of the transmitter (other radio). Then going to
          VOX Mode on the Transmitter. The receiver audio from
          one radio will then "Key" the transmitter of the other
          radio.

          I think that this is basically what the "Portapeter"
          is doing. Only problem is that you have no Duplexer.
          The close proximity of the transmitter (to the
          receiver (may/will) "De-Sense the receiver (poor
          receive sensititivity). You probably will not be able
          to use the standard 600 Kc repeter offset. Maybe have
          to use a
          1 or 2 Mhz. offset. You will have to use two antennas
          and they will have to be positioned at a distance from
          each other. Remember that this is a crude setup, but
          it
          should work. We (a ham friend and I) played with this
          about 20 years ago.

          BTW,
          (For FT-100)
          See page 53 (of the manual) to turn VOX "ON"
          Menu no's 54 and 55 to adjust VOX
          Also, check the "ARTS" feature for "Repeater ID's"

          Does this give you any ideas?
          GO PLAY NOW and HAVE FUN!

          73 de N4ADO

          --- Bob Allen <mcamp@...> wrote:
          > Try http://www.transcryptsecure.com/Transpeater.pdf
          > found while
          > searching for "portable repeater"
          >
          > Mike Urich wrote:
          > >
          > > Does anyone remember the Porta Peater M100A by W-S
          > Engineering of Pine Hill
          > > NJ?
          > > First are they still around? A google search
          > produced no results! Do you
          > > know of any other simple emergency repeate
          > controllers that uses two radios
          > > to build up a temp repeater?
          > >
          > > Mike Urich
          > > www.ka5cvh.com
          > >

          > --
          > Bob and Marsha
          > KB1FRW and KB1GMD
          > 73

          http://taxes.yahoo.com/
        • Tekhaus
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 1, 2003
            Hello...
            Where I can buy that repeater and all costs.
            I need one as that to install it in the prairie

            Ernesto.

            Thanks much, I had gave up on the one I was familiar with and began just
            general searching. Man, there are a bunch of them, I didn't even try
            keeping any count. This looks like it will fit the bill along with several
            others I've looked at.

            Again thanks

            Mike Urich, KA5CVH

            www.ka5cvh.com
            http://www.ka5cvh.com/vhf/vhfindex.htm
            http://www.ka5cvh.com/vhf/roverpix/roverpix.htm

            Post message: FT100@yahoogroups.com
            Subscribe: FT100-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
            FAQ on WWW: http://www.k0lee.com/ft100faq.html

            We are all a part of this Lets make it as good as possible.

          • Bill Reid- VE3VWD
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 1, 2003
              Mike

              Try http://www.ceswireless.com/rm_20.htm RM-20 Repeater Maker Plus .

              I just picked up one for work, nice product.

              '73
              Bill VA3QB

              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 1, 2003
                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 1, 2003
                  You are better off placing the antennas one above the other on the same
                  support so each antenna will be in the other antennas null points.
                  Check it out in the repeater handbook. Ron W8RJL

                  http://taxes.yahoo.com/

                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                  <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=246920.2960106.4328965.2848452/D=egroupweb/S=1705
                  063108:HM/A=1464858/R=0/*http:/www.gotomypc.com/u/tr/yh/cpm/grp/300_Cquo
                  _1/g22lp?Target=mm/g22lp.tmpl>

                  <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=246920.2960106.4328965.2848452/D=egrou
                  pmail/S=:HM/A=1464858/rand=667498912>

                  Post message: FT100@yahoogroups.com
                  Subscribe: FT100-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
                  FAQ on WWW: http://www.k0lee.com/ft100faq.html

                  We are all a part of this Lets make it as good as possible.

                • Bruce Shrader
                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 1, 2003
                    I agree with what you say about putting one antenna
                    above the other but I didn't want to get too technical
                    about it. the reason is, that what I said WASN'T what
                    he asked. I just thought I would "throw" the idea at
                    him and if he was interested, tell him more.

                    If I recall correctly, the receiver antenna goes on
                    top and the transmitter antenna goes on bottom.
                    Also, Transmitter output power should be reduced to
                    approx. 8 watts (Max) probably better to do 5 watts.

                    There have been several portable repeater units on the
                    market (Motorola Rat-Pack) and others.

                    Anyway, 73 de N4ADO

                    Message 9 of 13 , Mar 1, 2003
                      OK Mike,

                      Suit yourself, thought I'd just mention the idea.

                      N4ADO

                      --- Mike Urich <ka5cvh@...> wrote:
> [...]

                      http://taxes.yahoo.com/
                    • Tekhaus
                      Message 10 of 13 , Mar 2, 2003
                        Mike.
                        Thank you to respond me

                        I am using as repeater two teams VHF and UHF. Fact at home
                        The construction is very simple but I frequently have problems with the
                        envelope modulation.
                        The alone repeater uses it in case that we have some problem type in the
                        mountainous area where we live and many times to locate people uneven
                        tourists that get lost.
                        For that reason I want to acquire a team but reliable.
                        Excuse my not very English one.

                        Ernesto
                        YV5KNO.

                        Message 11 of 13 , Mar 2, 2003
                          MFJ sells a little box which converts an FM transceiver to a "simplex"
                          repeater. The unit digitally records the signal and then retransmits the
                          recording on the same frequency as soon as you release the PTT.

                          We have successfully used this method for temporary repeaters in rural areas
                          during motor rally events.

                          Deon ZR1DQ

                          : > Does anyone remember the Porta Peater M100A by W-S Engineering of Pine
                          Hill
                          : > NJ?
                          : > First are they still around? A google search produced no results! Do
                          you
                          : > know of any other simple emergency repeate controllers that uses two
                          radios
                          : > to build up a temp repeater?
                          : >
                          : > Mike Urich