Re: Fans stopping when transmitting UHF

  • Paul Manuel
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2002
      If the fan stops when UHF transmit is begun, perhaps RF is getting into
      the logic circuitry that controls the fans. Does it do it at all power
      levels or just high power?
      73,
      Paul K4PDM

      HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now
      http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/
    • DJ
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 2, 2002
        Paul,
        That's why I love the ham community.
        Someone always thinks about something that someone else misses.
        Yes the fans only stop when on 100% power setting on UHF. I can reduce the
        power setting and the fans work properly.
        Now I have somewhere to go with this. The fix should be quite easy.
        Thank you so much!! This has been driving me nuts!!
        73 DJ
        K5TTZ

        If the fan stops when UHF transmit is begun, perhaps RF is getting into
        the logic circuitry that controls the fans. Does it do it at all power
        levels or just high power?
        73,
        Paul K4PDM

        We are all a part of this Lets make it as good as possible.

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .