Re: ATAS-100

  • Deb Bilacic
    Message 1 of 103 , Oct 1, 1999
      Tom, Mike here, Yes the antenna testing was done equally. Same car, same
      monting position, same radio and power, etc. Also was measured at four
      equal distances from and around the car. Thats why I did not go into
      detail on how I conducted it. Its just my own observation I thought I
      would share.
      73s, Mike
      KF8MY
    • kc6iih@aol.com
      Message 103 of 103 , Apr 24, 2010
        When the ATAS 120 series antennas work they are pretty good .
        You will find that from time to time it may give you a hassle or two .
        It seems that sometimes they forget where they are and do not work properly
        .
        Usually running it all the way up and all the way down manually using the
        PTT on the microphone and the up and down on the radio somehow gets them
        back into sync .
        I am sure you have already hear about having a good RF ground which is
        mandatory for these antennas to work properly .

        Jock KC6IIH
        Barstow Amateur Radio Club _www.wa6tst.org_ (http://www.wa6tst.org)

        In a message dated 4/24/2010 6:18:22 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
        n4dbr@... writes:

        Hooray! It works! I had time today to go outside and play around with the
        radio and the antenna and the user manual and I got it to work. I'm not
        exactly sure what I did, but it works and it works well!

        73,
        David - N4DBR

        On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 1:21 PM, w1pa <w1pa@...> wrote:

        > > I also noticed that I can transmit on 2 and 6 meters with no SWR
        issues.
        > > (I'm using a duplexer.) So I guess the antenna is at its shortest
        here,
        > > correct?
        >
        > Yes. There are two ATAS mode settings in the F100 menu -- ATAS-1 and
        > ATAS-2... one tells the rig you are using the same antenna for all, the
        > other that you are using a different antenna for V/UHF. In the former, if
        > you change from HF to V/UHF, the antenna drives to a min length position
        > that shorts out (re: removes) the coil. In the other setting it stays
        where
        > it is.
        >
        > Sounds like that the "min" length position is where it is stuck right
        now,
        > so you see no issues on 2m or 440.
        >
        > Bill
        > W1PA

        We are all a part of this Lets make it as good as possible.Yahoo! Groups
        Links