Re: [FT100] need help, this is for your benefit!!

  • Lee Devlin
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2002
      I've included a new page in the FAQ to help explain
      this pigtail connector. It's linked at the bottom of
      http://k0lee.com/ft100faq.html#banddata or you can go
      right to it at:
      http://k0lee.com/banddata.htm

      --- Ham_Tech@... wrote:
      > Hi everyone,
      >
      > I got the FT100 Operator's Manual and the FC-20
      > Service Manual.
      >
      > I am working on the Tuning Circuit...
      >
      > A. I need to know what Tx InH is for?? Does it
      > provide a Logical 1 at
      > +5V when the TUN button is pushed??

      The service manual labels it as an input to the FT100,
      presumably for the downstream device to prevent the
      FT100 from transmitting.

      > B. I also need you to test if you can, what comes
      > out of these Band
      > Data pigtail pins when; the FC-20 is selected by
      > the menus; the TUN
      > button is pushed??
      > -specify the voltages for each pin:
      > 1
      > 3
      > 4
      > 5
      > 7
      > 8

      When configured with a Tuner, I believe that most
      communication occurs over the serial lines, i.e., Data
      In and Data Out in serial commands. I'm not sure that
      Yaesu even publishes the Tuner command protocol. The
      Data In, according to the service manual is an output,
      i.e., the TXD line for the FT100. Serial
      communication is always a little confusing because the
      TX of one device is connected to the RX of the other
      and vice versa so when you're talking about Data In
      and Data Out, it gets inverted depending on the device
      you're referring to.

      > C. What are the diferences between pins (3,6 -
      > GND) and (2 - TX GND)??

      The service manual doesn't call pin 2 TX GND, it calls
      it LIN and it's an input to the FT100. In looking
      over the schematics, it appears to be related to the
      PTT circuit on the CTRL board.

      > D. Is pin 1; which is 13.5VDC; constant or is it
      > only on when the TUN
      > is pushed??

      This line is just providing power to the downstream
      device, i.e., the tuner.

      > E. Does pin 7; RESET; supply a Logical 1 at +5V
      > when pin 4 (Data In)
      > senses a low VSWR or does it sense a logical 0 or 1
      > for the signal??

      Note also that this is inconsistent in the operating
      manual vs. the service manual. The operating manual
      shows Reset on pin 7, the service manual shows it on
      pin 6. It is considered an output from the FT100,
      presumably to reset the Tuner.

      =====
      73,

      Lee Devlin, K0LEE