Re: Rig back from shop .. same problem!

  • Deb Bilacic
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 1, 1999
      Hi David, Are you sure you are using a good external power meter thats
      capable of covering all those freq.
      If it were my rig, I would only have Yaesu work on it.
      Good Luck, hope you find the problem.
      Mike,KF8MY
    • Rod
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 1, 1999
        I apologize for any inconvenience that our service department has caused. I
        would like to have the opportunity to correct the problem. If you will
        bring the radio back to the Huntsville store, I will reimburse you for the
        gas used to make the trip to Huntsville. I will also confirm the problem
        while you are in the store and make arrangements to ship the radio to Yaesu
        UPS Blue at our expense. I will also contact Yaesu and inform them that the
        radio is coming and try to get them to expedite the radio and return
        shipping.

        Please call before beginning the trip and I will remain at the store until
        you arrive.

        Rod
        RT Systems Amatuer Radio Supply
        8207 Stephanie Dr
        Huntsville AL
        Sales 1-800-723-6922 1-256-882-9292
        Tech 1-256-880-3093

        RT Systems Ham Radio Store
        137 W Windhorst Dr
        Brandon (Tampa) FL 33510
        Sales 1-800-387-8750 1-813-684-4408

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 1, 1999
          Class! I have always said that if a retailer or service provider does not know
          about the problem, then they don't have a chance to fix it. One of the most
          valuable lessons that I ever learned when dealing with someone for goods and
          service that don't work out, is NEVER assume that they won't make an effort to
          fix the problem unless you give them a chance. I am not advocating calling
          anyone up and ranting at them, just let them know that you are not happy and see
          what they will do. I think that this response shows what may happen if the
          company providing the goods or service are informed. Most of the companies out
          there that are worth their salt will respond. For example:

          I had an Alinco DX-70. This radio worked well and I had no complaints. I found
          out that at some point I stopped getting audio out of the external speaker plug.
          This radio made 3 trips to the factory with no problem found by them. After the
          last trip, the service manager there had promised to make it right, I called and
          asked him about this. Long story short, the service manager Doug got irate and
          impolite. I asked for his manager, Katsumi Nikata. He responded in the fashion
          that I expected. They paid for the shipping both ways, and I got a new radio.
          They said that the problem was an intermittent on the plug, but I know better. I
          will think twice about getting Alinco again.

          The original FT-100 that I purchased was DOA. It acted like it was emitting a CW
          or AM carrier on all bands in all modes. I made about the same length of trip
          back to HRO in Denver and came out with a new radio. The second radio has been
          installed for about 3 months now and is still working as advertised.

          Give the company that provides the goods or service a chance. It sounds like RT
          is making an effort to make good here and if I get the chance to do business
          with them, this will definitely influence my decision.

          Jess AE0CW <><
          http://www.concentric.net/~jessqrp Personal Home page
          http://qsl.net/n0tfi/bug.html Bug Stories
        • Tom Schaefer
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 1, 1999
            Well, that was certainly an unexpected response. Quite refreshing in this
            day. It seems the good customer service of Yaesu rubs off on its dealers if
            not the competence of their service department.

            Tom NY4I
            > I apologize for any inconvenience that our service department has caused.
            > would like to have the opportunity to correct the problem. If you will
            > bring the radio back to the Huntsville store, I will reimburse you for the
            > gas used to make the trip to Huntsville. I will also confirm the problem
            > while you are in the store and make arrangements to ship the radio to
            Yaesu
            > UPS Blue at our expense. I will also contact Yaesu and inform them that
            the
            > radio is coming and try to get them to expedite the radio and return
            > shipping.
            >
            > Please call before beginning the trip and I will remain at the store until
            > you arrive.
            >
            > Rod
            > RT Systems Amatuer Radio Supply
            > 8207 Stephanie Dr
            > Huntsville AL
            > Sales 1-800-723-6922 1-256-882-9292
            > Tech 1-256-880-3093
            >
            > RT Systems Ham Radio Store
            > 137 W Windhorst Dr
            > Brandon (Tampa) FL 33510
            > Sales 1-800-387-8750 1-813-684-4408

          • John
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 1, 1999
              I have used RT Systems before for service of Yaesu radios. I have always
              found them to be friendly and easy to do business with. For the record, I
              have not purchased radios from them, only because I have an HRO withing a
              short drive up this way.

              I have also found their service department to be very good and competent. I
              am sure this is a case of mis-understanding or a disquised problem of some
              sort. Had they seen the problem I sure they would have fixed it.

              73's....John....KE1CQ