Re: [FT100] Re: Another CAT program now available ...

  • Pres Waterman
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 1 7:55 AM
      > device mentioned from that guy John for my other one. With that in
      > mind, is it possible to program the FT100 thru the computer interface
      > if you manually dial in a frequency and command the button
      > depressions thru the cat commands?

      I'm not sure if "John" is the same as John Hansen ( W2FS? ), but he built a
      keypad called the QSYer for the IC-706, which he has successfully modified
      for the FT-100. I have one and it works well. It enters freqs, even does
      mode selection to a fashion, and you can select split mode, repeater offset,
      and filter selection. ( These features are subject to change as the product
      is developed, and are from my memory )

      I believe he monitors the list

      Pres Waterman, W2PW
      c/o Patchogue 112 Ford//Kia 112
      Long Island Ford and Kia Dealer

      GO BILLS!
    • ss409ss@aol.com
      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 1 6:24 PM
        --- In FT100@y..., Pres Waterman <pres@1...> wrote:

        > I'm not sure if "John" is the same as John Hansen ( W2FS? ), but he
        built a
        > keypad called the QSYer for the IC-706, which he has successfully
        modified
        > for the FT-100. I have one and it works well. It enters freqs, even
        does
        > mode selection to a fashion, and you can select split mode,
        repeater offset,
        > and filter selection. ( These features are subject to change as the
        product
        > is developed, and are from my memory )
        >
        > I believe he monitors the list
        >
        > Pres Waterman, W2PW

        No its not the same guy but God bless them both anyway! Great
        products from great minds.. The guy I am thinking of made a nifty
        slowscan unit some years ago. I cant remember his call.. I believe
        his name is John Montalbano. Anyway, the 2006 was pre RS-232 control
        era scanner, so he came up with an interface for it which commanded
        the unit thru computer generated keypad depressions. A real neat idea
        as this allowed you to program your 2006 thru the use of this
        interface by converting a text file of frequencies into keypad
        depressions (via an RS-232 interface)that the scanner would
        understand. Maybe this concept can be applied thru the cat interface
        or quite possibly be adapted by the use of a daughter board in the
        same fashion. I personally am too stupid to make such a thing but I
        thought I would get the hackers going with this one..
        Regards. Richy N2ZD
      • Jesse
        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 8 12:46 PM
          I have been meaning to DL your CAT program.. However the last email I
          see is just a notification...
          Is it in the FT-100 Files section or are you sending it out??

          Jesse