CAT100 Runtime Error

  • Gordon VK4VP
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 1, 2001
      Gidday All,
      I downloaded and installed CAT100 and on both of my
      computers I get a runtime error on each one. '3663' I think. Can
      anyone help. One machine is an IBM running W95 and the other a
      laptop running W98.

      Regards Gordon Taylor
      VK4VP
    • Blaine
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 1, 2001
        Hi Gordon,

        Same problem here. Running Win 98 SE. As soon as it starts, get "subscript
        out of range error" and exit.

        Blaine, VE7CQX

        I downloaded and installed CAT100 and on both of my
        computers I get a runtime error on each one. '3663' I think. Can
        anyone help. One machine is an IBM running W95 and the other a
        laptop running W98.

        Regards Gordon Taylor
        VK4VP

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Post message: FT100@yahoogroups.com
        Subscribe: FT100-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
        FAQ on WWW: http://members.home.com/k0lee/ft100faq.html

        We are all a part of this Lets make it as good as possible.

      • b.hillard@worldnet.att.net
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 1, 2001
          Gordon,

          You're the second person to report the 3663 error, and it's a real
          puzzler. My Visual Basic manual doesn't show a 3663 runtime error, so
          I'm at a loss as to what it could be. I'm still researching it. The
          fact that it's on two different machines, running two different OS's
          makes the problem even more difficult to understand. Does it happen as
          soon as you click through the nag screen?

          Bob

        • b.hillard@worldnet.att.net
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 1, 2001
            Blaine,

            Do you get the same runtime error as Gordon got - 3663, or is
            'subscript out of range' what it reports? I'm assuming at this point
            that it's happening when it loads CAT.DAT, the file that has all of
            the start up data in it.

            I'm working on it, but it has me puzzled.

            TNX

            Bob WA6UFQ

            --- In FT100@y..., "Blaine" <VE7CQX@t...> wrote:
            > Hi Gordon,
            >
            > Same problem here. Running Win 98 SE. As soon as it starts, get
            "subscript
            > out of range error" and exit.
            >
            > Blaine, VE7CQX

            Service.

          • David Little
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 1, 2001
              This may be a randomize statement that doesn't have Absolute boundaries (like a divide by zero error)??

              If you used a canned library for the Nag Screen, it may not have a statement to make sure the output of the random generator is a positive integer. I am just guessing on this, having not seen the program yet.

              David

              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 1, 2001
                Hi Bob,

                All I see is the subscipt out of range error.

                Blaine

                Do you get the same runtime error as Gordon got - 3663, or is
                'subscript out of range' what it reports? I'm assuming at this point
                that it's happening when it loads CAT.DAT, the file that has all of
                the start up data in it.

                I'm working on it, but it has me puzzled.

                TNX

                Bob WA6UFQ

                --- In FT100@y..., "Blaine" <VE7CQX@t...> wrote:
                > Hi Gordon,
                >
                > Same problem here. Running Win 98 SE. As soon as it starts, get
                "subscript
                > out of range error" and exit.
                >
                > Blaine, VE7CQX

              • Bob Hillard
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 1, 2001
                  Blaine,

                  Try the 'Try This' I posted this morning. This is the one and hopefully only 'subscript out of range'
                  error.

                  73,

                  Bob

                  Bob Hillard
                  WA6UFQ
                  Visit: http://b.hillard.home.att.net/
                • Jan Govers
                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 1, 2001
                    Hello All:
                    I,m also try CAT100 on WINDOWS98 ,and when I want to start the prog for the second time I also get a out of range error.. But the first time I start the prog I have no problems ,and it looks good.
                    Hope you get all the errors out of the program, Greetings from the NETHERLANDS from:

                    Bob Hillard <b.hillard@...> wrote: Blaine,

                    Blaine wrote:

                    > Hi Bob,
                    >
                    > All I see is the subscipt out of range error.
                    >
                    > Blaine

                    Greeting to you and yours from PD3JAG Jan Govers.
                    qthloc jo21cm . qsl regio 29 . Cromvliet 40 4691 BB Tholen.
                    QRV ON : 144.300MHz SSB or 145.687.5MHz FM via PI3BOZ .
                    5-tvo nr :27491 GSM/SMS : 0628317376. Tel/Fax +31 0166602762
                    E-mail goverit@... & pd3jag@...