Power Connector

  • kf6swi@xxxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 2, 1999
      Anyone know if the FT-100 will have the Yeasu Molex connector (Like the FT-920, FT-847)
    • Michael Ziebell
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 15, 2002
        Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone knew where I
        could get a power connector for the FT100D (both male
        and female). I wanted to move my radio to and from the
        car to the house. I need two sets of connectors. These
        things are big and I don't know where to get'em.

        Thanks, 73's

        Mike - KG6JMM

        http://autos.yahoo.com
      • Ed Juge/NM
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 15, 2002
          Why not consider getting some Anderson Power Pole connectors and use them
          instead. They come in various current capacities (I use 30 and 45 amp
          versions). They're easy to install, make very positive connections and are
          cheap enough you can put connections in your shack, cars, etc. so you can
          move the rig around quickly and easily. I'm in the process of changing over
          ALL of my DC connections so I can use any radio or accessory anywhere I want
          it. I even put 'em on the motor connections for my screwdriver mobile
          antenna. Work much better than the originals. Look up "Anderson Power
          Pole" in your search engine.

          Ed, W5EJ

          > Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone knew where I
          > could get a power connector for the FT100D (both male
          > and female). I wanted to move my radio to and from the
          > car to the house. I need two sets of connectors. These
          > things are big and I don't know where to get'em.
          >
          > Thanks, 73's
          >
          > Mike - KG6JMM

          > We are all a part of this Lets make it as good as possible.

        • Howard Cunningham
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 15, 2002
            AES, HRO, any Yaseu dealer.

            hc

            Howard Cunningham
            MACRO Systems, LLC
            3867 Plaza Drive
            Fairfax, VA 22030

            (703) 359-9211
            (703) 591-0446 (F)
            www.macrollc.com

            howardc@...
            for service: service@...

            >>> mjziebell@... 07/15/02 11:05PM >>>
            Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone knew where I
            could get a power connector for the FT100D (both male
            and female). I wanted to move my radio to and from the
            car to the house. I need two sets of connectors. These
            things are big and I don't know where to get'em.

            Thanks, 73's

            Mike - KG6JMM

            We are all a part of this Lets make it as good as possible.

          • robashman6178
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 16, 2002
              Hi Mike
              Try the following link they do replacement plugs, sockets, noise
              filters for any make of radio
              www.powerwerx.com/ft100.html
              hope this helps
              73's
              Rob M3RJA

              --- In FT100@y..., Michael Ziebell <mjziebell@y...> wrote:
              > Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone knew where I
              > could get a power connector for the FT100D (both male
              > and female). I wanted to move my radio to and from the
              > car to the house. I need two sets of connectors. These
              > things are big and I don't know where to get'em.
              >
              > Thanks, 73's
              >
              > Mike - KG6JMM

              > http://autos.yahoo.com
            • Brian, N8WRL
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 16, 2002
                As Ed suggests, I go PowerPole. But if you want the 'OEM' connecters you can find them at www.powerwerx.com (you can also get powerpole kits there).

                73!

                -Brian n8wrl
                Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone knew where I
                could get a power connector for the FT100D (both male
                and female). I wanted to move my radio to and from the
                car to the house. I need two sets of connectors. These
                things are big and I don't know where to get'em.

                Thanks, 73's

                Mike - KG6JMM

                http://autos.yahoo.com

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                Click here to find your contact lenses!

                Post message: FT100@yahoogroups.com
                Subscribe: FT100-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
                FAQ on WWW: http://www.k0lee.com/ft100faq.html

                We are all a part of this Lets make it as good as possible.

              • Dick Thompson
                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 16, 2002
                  AES and HRO want to sell the whole works, power cord, connector. Price around $30+.

                  You can go to Yaesu amd order the power connectors (male & female).

                  73,

                  Dick
                  WB0DUL@...

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 16, 2002
                    Mike, you can call Yaesu and order the connectors you need.

                    Ask for the following part #:

                    P000049 - FT-100 DC Pigtail Connector...............................$ 2.51 ea.
                    P000050 - FT-100 DC Cord Connector..................................$ 4.25 ea.
                    Shipping:.............................................................................................$ 4.00
                    Total:....................................................................................................$10.26

                    If you go to Power Werx or a similar firm, they cahrge about $6.50 +/- per connector.

                    If you go to AES or HRO they sell the power cord like the one that comes with the
                    FT-100D and they want $33.00 for it (or somewhere in that area), which is rediculous.

                    I think it would be cheaper to get a different connector and fix the ends so that any
                    rig could be connected to the DC source. Why Yaesu chose to use the connectors
                    they did on the FT-100 and the other rigs (they don't have any two that are alike) is
                    beyond all reasoning. But then, who in the heck has ever been able to figure out what
                    is running through the "Corporate Leader's" mind. Just the phrase "Corporate Leader"
                    is an oxymoron term. :)

                    Yaesu has what you need and obviously at the lowest price. If you find the same thing
                    someplace cheaper, please let me know.

                    73,

                    Dick
                    WB0DUL@...

                    Message 9 of 9 , Jul 16, 2002
                      Hi All,

                      If you want powerpole connectors are reasonable pricing and reasonable
                      shipping charges, check out www.westmountainradio.com
                      <http://www.westmountainradio.com/> , also the makers of the rigblaster
                      series of products. They also have Rigrunner DC power distribution
                      panels.

                      73 de Blaine, VE7CQX

                      Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone knew where I
                      could get a power connector for the FT100D (both male
                      and female). I wanted to move my radio to and from the
                      car to the house. I need two sets of connectors. These
                      things are big and I don't know where to get'em.

                      Thanks, 73's

                      Mike - KG6JMM

                      http://autos.yahoo.com

                      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                      Click here to find your contact lenses!

                      Post message: FT100@yahoogroups.com
                      Subscribe: FT100-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
                      FAQ on WWW: http://www.k0lee.com/ft100faq.html

                      We are all a part of this Lets make it as good as possible.

                      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                      <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=228862.2128520.3581629.1829184/D=egroupweb/S=1705
                      063108:HM/A=1155068/R=0/*http:/adfarm.mediaplex.com/ad/ck/990-1736-1039-
                      302>