FW: Fw: Fw: Getting OLDER.

  • L H W
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 25, 2005
      Message

      Subject: FW: Getting OLDER.
      Some of these are funny ---- most of these I can relate to! Some of them,
      I am related to, but I can't remember if they're siblings or cousins.

      I feel like my body has gotten totally out of shape, so I got my doctor's
      permission to join a fitness club and start exercising. I decided to take an
      aerobics class for seniors. I bent, twisted, gyrated, jumped up and down,
      and perspired for an hour. But, by the time I got my leotards on, the class
      was over.

      --- Reporters interviewing a 104-year-old woman: "And what do you think is
      the best thing about being 104?" the reporter asked. She simply replied, "No
      peer pressure."

      --- The nice thing about being senile is you can hide your own Easter
      eggs.

      --- Just before the funeral services, the undertaker came up to the very
      elderly widow and asked, "How old was your husband?" "98," she replied. "Two
      years older than me." "So you're 96," the undertaker commented. She
      responded, "Hardly worth going home, is it?

      --- I've sure gotten old.! I've had two bypass surgeries, a hip
      replacement, new knees. Fought prostate cancer and diabetes. I'm half
      blind, can't hear anything quieter than a jet engine, take 40 different
      medications that make me dizzy, winded, and subject to blackouts. Have bouts
      with dementia. Have poor circulation; hardly feel my hands and feet anymore.
      Can't remember if I'm 85 or 92. Have lost all my friends.! But, thank God, I
      still have my driver's license.

      --- A 97-year-old man goes into his doctor's office and says, "Doc, I want
      my sex drive lowered." "Sir," replied the doctor, "you're 97 Don't you think
      your sex drive is all in your head?" "You're damned right it is!" replied
      the old man. "That's why I want it lowered!"
      --- An elderly woman decided to prepare her will and told her preacher she
      had two final requests. First, she wanted to be cremated, and second, she
      wanted her ashes scattered over Wal-Mart. "Wal-Mart?" the preacher
      exclaimed. "Why Wal-Mart?" "Then I'll be sure my daughters visit me twice a
      week."

      ---My memory's not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my memory's not as
      sharp as it used to be.

      --- Know how to prevent sagging? Just eat till the wrinkles fill out.

      ---I've still got it, but nobody wants to see it.

      ---I'm getting into swing dancing. Not on purpose. Some parts of my body
      are just prone to swinging.

      ---It's scary when you start making the same noises as your coffeemaker.

      ---The good news is that even as we get older, guys still look at our
      boobs. The bad news is they have to squat down first.

      ---These days about half the stuff in my shopping cart says, "For fast
      relief."

      ---I've tried to find a suitable exercise video for women my age, but they
      haven't made one called "Buns of Putty."

      ---Don't think of it as getting hot flashes. Think of it as your inner
      child playing with matches.

      ---Don't let aging get you down. It's too hard to get back up.!

      --- Remember: You don't stop laughing because you grow old, You grow old
      because you stop laughing.

      - --THE SENILITY PRAYER : Grant me the senility to forget the people I
      never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the
      eyesight to tell the difference.

      Now, I think you're supposed to send this to 5 or 6, maybe 10. Oh heck,
      send it to a bunch of your friends if you can remember who they are.