Christians Anonymous

  • strangerangers1
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 2005
      Twelve Steps To Recovery
      1.) "We have admitted we are powerless over Christianity - that our
      faith has become unmanageable."
      The first step to recovery involves simple admission that
      Christianity controls you, that you no longer have the ability to
      think rationally. This is the key component to liberation from your
      religious chains. By falling victim to Christianity you must face up
      to the fact that you have allowed a cultic religion seize your
      powers of thought and of decision making. Once you can actually say
      to yourself - "Yes! I am a victim. I am powerless to this
      addiciton." - you can start looking to the second step. Firstly
      however, you absolutely must work this first step. Stand up and
      admit to yourself that you have allowed Christianity to overrun your
      life.

      2.) "We came to the realization that Christianity could drive us to
      complete insanity."
      In your illusory view of the world, seen through the deceptive and
      unrealistic veil of Christianity, you have embarked on a journey
      down the road to madness. As you have already admitted that you have
      become a victim of your own religion, you must now face the reality
      that it has the potential of driving you insane. A good way to
      visualize this is to look at many of the religious leaders you see
      on programs such as TBN and the 700 Club. The men and women
      portrayed on these programs are clear-cut examples of the tragic
      symptoms of this disease. You must recognize the insanity they
      exhibit while they rant and rave, while they espouse their non-
      sensical ideas and speak the lies their religion supports. This step
      is of critical importance and yet it is one of the most difficult as
      it mandates you to admit that you are ideed a part of an illogical
      and dangerous cultic religion. You must face these realities head
      on. A way to better come to grips with this task is to reevaluate
      what your relgion asked you to believe in. Remember, you have been
      ordered to worship a dead cult leader - Jesus Christ - of whom you
      were told 'died for your sins', which you will soon see makes
      absolutely no sense whatsoever. Further on we will examine your
      belief structure to help this you absorb this step with greater
      ease. Once you have a more intelligent view on your religion you
      will be better able to extract yourself from it.

      3.) "Made a decison to stop turning over our free will to the care
      of a God we never fully understood in the first place."
      This step involves taking back your most precious faculty - Free
      Will! One of the first things you lost, and the most important, was
      your ability to think for yourself. As a Christian you have
      surrendered your ability to make rational choices and to think with
      skepticism, which you will see is a critical element of rational
      thought. By unshackling your mind from the mental imprisonment of
      your Christian faith, you now have the weapon that Christianity
      fears most - an unwashed brain! With your senses again in order you
      can face Christian dogma face to face, and see it for what it really
      is. Step Two taught you to come to the acceptance that your
      relilgion was an exercise in insane humility. With your mind armed
      with this knowledge you can now begin erasing each one of the
      childish myths that you once allowed to control you.

      4.) "Made a searching and fearless moral evaluation of our faith."
      This step asks you to sit down and take a hard look at your beliefs
      as dictated to you by your cultic religion. It is the folly of
      Christians that most never bother to apply a shred of critical
      thought to their religion's mythical nature. Hence, one becomes a
      Christian by failing to use rational thought mechanisms and
      inevitably falls prey to the emotional seductions of this
      superstitious cult. By allowing yourself to actually analyze your
      belief structure without the mental blinders imposed upon you by
      Christianity, you will soon see that you have been a victim of the
      greatest fraud ever perpetrated upon the human race. Later on we
      will help you attain the necessary elemental thought patterns needed
      to see your faith for what it truly is.

      5.) "Admitted to society, the world and ourselves the exact inept
      nature of our religion, which is totally wrong."
      While one of our programs most difficult steps to take, it is also
      the most important. Now that you have admitted that your faith is
      out of control and that you have recognized the many follies your
      religion represents, it is time to tell the world, to whom your
      religion so loudly tried to corrupt, the truth about Christianity.
      Having evaluated your faith you can now begin the task of helping
      others recognize the treachery that you allowed to befall you. In
      this process not only will you be able to strengthen your resolve to
      become a better non-Christian, but will also aid others in leading
      them away from their so-called "saviour". As you see that, even as a
      recovering Christian, you can help others who are lost amidst the
      madness of Christianity you will have the added bonus of reinforcing
      your commitment to total seperation from your former self.

      6.) "We are entirely prepared to remove these 'holier than thou'
      attitudes."
      One of the strongest hallmarks you have exhibted as a born-again is
      your remarkable ability to believe you were somehow a "chosen one"
      or that God had some special place in his kingdom reserved for you.
      Christianity, in it's smug self-rightiousness, has filled you with a
      spiritual ego that would offend even the most arrogant of Gods. The
      extraction of this attitude is a neccessary step as it involves
      removing one of the most offensive qualities a Christian carries
      with him/herself. Additionally you are given a lesson in humility,
      something every Christian is in dire need of.

      7.) "Humbly agreed to keep our relation to God completely to
      ourselves."
      One of your greatest weaknesses as a Christian has been the
      seemingly uncontrollable impulse of "ministering" or "spreading the
      good news of the gospel". By doing so you have made yourself a great
      nuisance to persons of other faiths (or of no faith at all) and have
      essentally become a menace. Once you have mastered the early steps
      of this program you will have seen how much of a pain in the neck
      you were and want very much to resolve it. Having done away with
      your childish outlook on religion (your Christian perspective)you
      can now concentrate on keeping any further relationships with God to
      yourself and no longer striving to tell the world about it. This
      will help you make friends in the long run.

      8.) "Made a list of all persons we had deceived and turned over to
      Christianity and became willing to tell them the real truth."
      This is a pertinent component in your recovery process. This step
      involves reaching out to those you "ministered" to and brought to
      Christ. When you did so, you never realized what potential harm you
      were doing to the minds of your victims. In fact, you wholeheartedly
      believed you were doing God's work. The real truth of the matter is
      that you had a personal agenda in mind. You believed that by
      bringing in new cult members you were sucking up to God, thinking he
      would somehow have a higher opinion of you and would possibly reward
      you in some form or another. This is the selfishness inherant in
      most Christians. Many seek avenues that offer shameless self-
      promotion and place them on what they assume is God's list of
      favorites. What you never understood was that you were in fact
      contributing to the "dumbing down" process already rampant in
      today's society. As you are coming to realize, Christianity does NOT
      offer salvation - only consternation, guilt, ego and self-
      righteousness. By making a commitment to seeking out the persons you
      sucked into your cult and admitting you were wrong, you are not only
      helping to undo the damage you may have caused to these individuals,
      but aiding greatly in your own process of recovery.

      9.) "Made direct ammends to all persons we told would 'burn in hell'
      if they did not believe as we did."
      Like Step #8, this is yet another act of goodness you must execute
      on your road to becoming an ex-Christian. You will no doubt remember
      the terrible ideas you promoted as a Christian to non-believers.
      These include the pushing on others of the concept of damnation to
      eternal fire for not accepting Christ. As you, at this point in the
      program, have come to admit, this is a ludicrous concept. It is one
      of Christianity's most filthy and deviant weapons. Many ignorant
      persons you told this to were almost certainly scared into joining
      the ranks of the Christian cult. You yourself may have been sucked
      into becoming a Christian via this method. This threat of death and
      hellfire is the Christian Church's most effective weapon. What you
      now must embark upon is a reconciliation with both yourself and
      those whom you used this weapon against. As in Step #8, it inolves
      telling them the truth about Christianity. This will be greatly
      enhanced as you become more free-thinking and develop more effective
      critical thought skills.

      10.) "Continued to take a spiritual inventory of our former beliefs
      and when we were wrong (which was almost always), promptly admitted
      how naive we were."
      Again, like a few steps you have already taken, this simply involves
      reexamining your former beliefs and identifying those you now know
      to be utterly false. It is a lesson in humility, something every
      Christian needs. Naivety is the most telling trait of every
      Christian cult member. As you progress from a theologically
      brainwashed prisoner of Christ to a more enlighted, free-thinking,
      self-governing entity, you will actually come to find this step the
      easiest and perhaps most enjoyable of them all. You will, for the
      first time, have the opportunity to laugh at yourself and be able to
      see the great humor in your religion. You'll wonder how you could
      have be so utterly blind. Regaining a sense of power over your life
      will be this steps greatest reward.

      11.) "Sought through education and common sense to improve upon our
      disconnection from Christianity as we saw necessary, educating and
      empowering ourselves to carry the renunciation of our faith out."
      As your walk down the path away from the demons of Christianity
      progresses, you will find solice in the fact that your mind will be
      openeing to all sorts of horizons you probably never knew existed.
      The greatest enemy of your religion is knowledge. Christianity is
      fueled and kept alive by pure ignorance and intellectual immaturity.
      The educative steps you embark upon will lessen the withdrawal
      symptons you may experience and at the same time open the gates to a
      new and wonderful life. For the first time you will be able to
      respect and admire the fruits of knowledge and education. Previously
      you often denied basic facts of science which you will now find make
      more sense than ever. As science was always your greatest enemy, you
      will now find it an antidote and ally. You will finally come to
      accept such basic facts as evolution, both biological and non-
      biological. You will come to laugh at your former beliefs in such
      ridiculous stories as Noah's Flood and the infamous story of
      Creation found in Genesis. As your beliefs in fairy tales fade you
      will finally come to recognize these stories for what they really
      are - myths. Also, for perhaps the first time, you will be able to
      effectively utilize basic common sense and critical evaluative
      thought. Christianity has kept these away from you for long enough,
      now its time to enlighten yourself!

      12.) "Having had an intellectual awakening as a result of these
      steps, we tried to carry this message to other misled Christians,
      and agreed to cease all further practices involving shameless
      religious persuasion and, furthermore, to never again use God as a
      terror weapon."
      As you take your last step towards spritual freedom you commit
      yourself to spreading the good news of salvation to other cult
      members. With having broken the chains of Christianity you now have
      the knowledge in hand that can benefit persons lost in the madness
      of Christian illusion. Furthermore, you make a promise to never use
      your former relgion to frighten others into falling prey to the
      Jesus-Cult. This means no further ministering of any sort, only that
      of recovery. You can now think clearly about life; forever free from
      the enslaving and hateful doctrine of Christian dogma.