Valentine's Day

  • Green Gator
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 14, 2012
      Today is Valentine's Day.
      -The following is from my research:

      Valentine's day was originally established in 496 AD to honor one or two Christian Martyrs named Valentinus. The day became associated with romantic love in the middle ages by Geoffrey Chaucer. (Yes, I have read the "Canterbury Tales" by Chaucer) It evolved into a day when lovers expressed love for each other by giving candy, flowers, and romantic gifts on February 14th. The gifts are exchanged by lovers with hopes of getting laid.