Re: [FT-HUMOR] Did you ever hurt an animal?

  • kaylee coats
    Message 1 of 24 , Aug 18, 2011
      They couldn't morally support it at all, but the excuse is that it is too expensive for regular or impoverished meat-eaters to buy humane meat. Also, I think that most people are so plagued by things to feel guilty about (buying new clothes made in a sweatshop, recycling, waste, the list could go on and on) that they just can't fathom dealing with all of it, and unfortunately, with all the things to think about, animals tend to go by the wayside. It doesn't make it right, but I still don't blame people for it (aside from the producing corporations, that is).

      From: Mr.Natural <natural.mr642@...>
      Subject: [FT-HUMOR] Did you ever hurt an animal?
      To: "Amy Mauric" <AmyM@...>, "Bethane" <bethane47@...>, "Carl" <cdedc2008@...>, "charly2891@..." <charly2891@...>, "dave wittman" <dwittman@...>, "Email account - Buzzard" <buzzard@...>, "FT-HUMOR@yahoogroups.com " <FT-HUMOR@yahoogroups.com >, "hollie" <holliestrano@...>, "john" <mrbluesky@...>, "john barratt" <johnbarratt@...>, "Judy" <cobbie1919@...>, "Mac" <macchafer@...>, "mark nolan" <marknolan@...>, "Mo" <maureenallen79@...>, "Russell" <affliction03@...>, "tom@..." <tom@...>
      Date: Friday, August 12, 2011, 6:38 PM

      To this day I feel horrible about this.  Um, I blew a frog up with a firecracker.  I don't know why it bothers me it just does.  Why did I do that?  Just boy things?  Still, I guess I propelled him off to the universe.  Life sux.

    • kaylee coats
      Message 2 of 24 , Aug 18, 2011
        lol

        That gets you a 'get out of jail free card'.

        Message 3 of 24 , Aug 29, 2011
          Welllll, honestly when I was boy I did blow a toad up with a firecracker.  My attitude to this day is,  "He never knew what hit him."   I'm scared he's going to come back as a used car salesman and screw me El Royalle.  Can't escape karma my pretty, can't escape karma.

          On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 12:40 PM, kaylee coats <sumluvlifilth@...> wrote:

          lol

          That gets you a 'get out of jail free card'.

          --- In FT-HUMOR@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Cunningham" <jim@...> wrote:

          > I throw darts at a picture of George W. Bush and it makes me feel really
          > good all over.does that count?
          >

          > _____

        • Robert McKee
          Message 4 of 24 , Aug 30, 2011
            I think the bottom line is "because" there is no common sense regulation (law), that they will process meat to sell as cheaply as possible to maintain a competitive edge..  This is one of those areas where there should be a govt regulation.. Then the companies can move FWD and compete on a level playing field..  I believe the actual cost of humane treatment is negligible..

            Sent from Bob's iPhone