Re: Glenn Beck is a Morman

  • david_windhorst
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 18, 2011
      --- In FT-HUMOR@yahoogroups.com, Alexandra Moffat <samoffat@...> wrote:

      > On Feb 17, 2011, at 7:17 PM, Green Gator wrote:
      >
      > > Remember the story of a group of monkeys with a typwriter,
      >
      >You all prolly know this - not an accurate quote: 'The mormon
      >writing of Joseph Smith is chloroform in print '. - Mark Twain
      >We need Mark Twains still - he could demolish most religions with a
      >humorous twist that subtly exuded disdain.
      >
      > Sandra

      Hear, hear.

      I have a longtime friend who, except for being exceptionally close-minded and unquestioning about his hardcore political conservatism, is a bright guy. His Facebook comment the other day regarding how much he was enjoying the Twain autobiography engendered a lengthy discussion among his equally conservative friends which came to a screeching halt when I posted a link to "The War Prayer" and asked if anyone had read it.

      dw
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 18, 2011
        You know the Jehova's Witnesses would come knocking on our door and my dad always shut them out.  Not so with the Mormons.  They are interesting people.  Strange outlanders.  Bye the way.  I've been wearing my girlfriends underwear.  Shhh!

        On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 12:52 PM, marlenealvarado1 <marlenealvarado@...> wrote:

        Mormans are very funny people. From some of my Jack Morman friends it seems they wear Holy Underware, which they don't take off. They until the civil rights movement truimphed, they didn't belive minorities could go to heaven. Africans were the children of Cane, who slew his brother Able. They have various levels of heaven, but I don't think they believe in hell. They believe the angel Morman gave these golden tablet to their founder a Mr. Smith, forgot his first name, which he lost. Smith believed he and his followers could follow the biblical tradition of having multipule wives. Anyone else have some info on this christian cult?

      • NoGoodGods@aol.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 19, 2011

          Mormans are very funny people.
                    There is nothing "funny" about cult members. They range between pathetic and evil.
        • Green Gator
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 20, 2011
            As a former cult member (now Atheist) I agree that cults are dangerous and destroy family relationships.  I was born into the cult and broke away after doing extensive research into the history and chronology teachings of Jehovah's Witnesses.  They taught that Armageddon would occur soon and I would never graduate High School before it happened.  I graduated, and now as an old man, draw Social Security.  So piss on Glen Beck, and all the cultists.  Piss on all religion.  Religion is a crutch for insecure people, unwilling to make decisions for themselves.  Don't trust in Jesus.  Trust in yourself.  Unlike Jesus, you are real.
            -Gator
                      There is nothing "funny" about cult members. They range between pathetic and evil.

          • Deborah Paar
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 20, 2011
              Thanks for the reminder that I'm real... sometimes I wonder!  LOL