Humorous and Informative

  • natural.mr642
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 5, 2011
      I found this to be light enjoyable reading. Good for the whole family.

      http://www.nobeliefs.com/DarkBible/DarkBibleContents.htm
    • Deborah Paar
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 6, 2011
        Well this certainly explains the vindictive, cruel & backstabbing nature of the devout believers I've encountered in my life.  Also justifies the perverse joy I take in residing in this tiny Catholic town in Minnesota.  I enjoy being a "black mark" on the permanent record of this quaint, picturesque little place.  I have the 2nd most high-profile house in the town & the residents have to pass by it every day since there's a lake across the street which they have to go around.  Ha!  Since it's a small town, lots of people know me & my husband, know where we live, and are apparently PAINFULLY aware we don't go to church.  We even had a minivan being stored here for the winter "tagged" by someone who thought a pitchfork done with spraypaint would look good on the driver's side door.  We reported it to the police, but of course there's no real way to bring the culprit(s) to justice.  I guess the residents here don't share my enjoyment of the big house up on the hill.  I like making sure our property looks better than those around us.  If the neighbors are going to treat us like satanists, the least we can do is represent, y'all!  LOL

        I found this to be light enjoyable reading.  Good for the whole family.

        http://www.nobeliefs.com/DarkBible/DarkBibleContents.htm

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            FT-HUMOR-digest@yahoogroups.com
            FT-HUMOR-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 7, 2011
          Here's a copy of a letter I just sent to a fundie friend.

          The bible is a multi authored hodge poge of Jewish lore filled with talking snakes,  and people living in the bellies of whales over seen by an angry ass-kickin God.  Even the New Testaments contradict.  Around the time of Constantine there were some forty different bibles which the bishops sorted out.  The bishops?  Oh they're really cool huh?

          Oh bye the way,  it wasn't just Catholics that burned all those women at the stake and practiced genocide in America.

          Remember the Dictionary Game?  You ask a question and close your eyes and let the pages in the book flip randomly and put your finger down.  The word you pointed to will be part of the solution to your problem.  Try it!  The human brain can make anything subjective.  Same with seeing clouds look like dragons or angels or seeing Jesus in an egg mcmuffin.  So too with the Bible.

          As for healings,  many people question why it's always some vague illness like a bad tummy or ear that the Pentecostals heal.  Don't you think if God really wanted to bring people to Jesus he'd make a new finger or arm grow back before the tv audience?  Never happens does it?

          "God is all powerful, but, he needs money?"
                                                             George Carlin