Here Comes Santa Claus

  • SteveYoth@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 25, 2010
      Alright. I just heard a typical Xmas song on the radio... It was "Here Comes Santa Claus" as sung by Gene Autrey back in 1947, I think.
      The last two lines of the song went together so well...
      "So let's give thanks to the lord above
      That Santa Claus comes tonight!"
      I guess religion and belief in Santa Claus just naturally go together.
      -Steve
    • Gene Ehrich
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 25, 2010
        At 05:12 PM 12/25/2010, you wrote:
        >"So let's give thanks to the lord above
        >That Santa Claus comes tonight!"
        >I guess religion and belief in Santa Claus just naturally go together.

        Absolutely, if you are dumb enough to believe in a god it figures
        that you are dumb enough to believe in a santa clase.

        When my parents told be about sant claus when I was very young (4 or
        5) I said I thought you told be to always tell the truth and now you
        are lying to me.
      • david_windhorst
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 26, 2010
          --- In FT-HUMOR@yahoogroups.com, SteveYoth@... wrote:

          > Alright. I just heard a typical Xmas song on the radio... It was "Here Comes Santa Claus" as sung by Gene Autrey back in 1947, I think.
          > The last two lines of the song went together so well...
          > "So let's give thanks to the lord above
          > That Santa Claus comes tonight!"
          > I guess religion and belief in Santa Claus just naturally go together.
          > -Steve

          Ain't it the truth? For some reason, that version of the lyrics sounds even more incongruous in Elvis Presley's take on the tune (perhaps due to knowing how he ended up).

          I think the same thing when seeing a plastic Santa or inflatable Frosty next to a nativity scene in someone's yard.

          dw
        • Green Gator
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 26, 2010
            What?  Their ain't no Santa Claus?  Say it isn't so, Holmes!  I know you be a lying.  Santa is as real as Jesus, the tooth fairy, the Easter bunny, and Paris Hilton.

            >I guess religion and belief in Santa Claus just naturally go together.

            Absolutely, if you are dumb enough to believe in a god it figures
            that you are dumb enough to believe in a santa clase.

            When my parents told be about sant claus when I was very young (4 or
            5) I said I thought you told be to always tell the truth and now you
            are lying to me.

          • Claude Kadiddlehopper
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 26, 2010
              Exactly!