God Rest Ye, Unitarians

  • SteveYoth@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 16, 2010
      For our Unitarian friends...
        - Steve

      Christopher Raible, a UU minister from Canada, wrote the following words in 1990.

      GOD REST YE, UNITARIANS

      God rest ye, Unitarians, let nothing you dismay;
      Remember there's no evidence there was a Christmas Day;
      When Christ was born is just not known, no matter what they say,

      0, Tidings of reason and fact, reason and fact,
      Glad tidings of reason and fact.

      Our current Christmas customs come from Persia and from Greece,
      From solstice celebrations of  the ancient Middle East.
      This whole darn Christmas spiel is just another pagan feast,

      0, Tidings of reason and fact, reason and fact,
      Glad tidings of reason and fact.

      There was no star of Bethlehem, there was no angels' song;
      There couldn't have been wise men for the trip would take too long.
      The stories in the Bible are historically wrong,

      0, Tidings of reason and fact, reason and fact,
      Glad tidings of reason and fact.

    • Green Gator
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 16, 2010
        Can I substitue "Jehovah's Witnesses" and any other sect for Unitarians?

        Hah, I knew I could.

        I sent out Christmas gifts to my kids, to placate my wife.  But, the gifts were in honor of me, not a fabled invisible entity.

        -Gator in Florida