Re: [FT-HUMOR] No longer just Shake Weight

  • Ray Smith
    Message 1 of 20 , Jun 21, 2010
      It's logical, things have a beginning and an end. If you think about it, who would want eternity? It would make this life meaningless; realizing that my time is finite makes life more precious.

      Message 2 of 20 , Jun 22, 2010
        Here're some happy thoughts too:
        Enjoy!
        mas

        So do I Claude.  So do I. Just tap along for a minute here abouts.
        http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=iZ2miArmU3k&feature=related

        On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 11:18 AM, Claude Kadiddlehopper <masvx800@yahoo. com> wrote:

[...]

        This

      • tigerfan158@gmail.com
        Message 3 of 20 , Jun 25, 2010

          I disagree.  I worked many years to obtain enough funds to enjoy life.  Now, I'm an old fart ready to croak and someone else will enjoy the fruits of my labor.  Life is short, painful, disappointing, and we often live long enough to be miserable.

          I have a neighbor who is so religious, twenty-three years ago he called his minister (Norwegian Reformed Church) to see if it was permitted to walk across the street to my daughter's graduation party on a Sunday.  He told me his preacher said he and his wife could visit, but not to sit down or eat anything because it would violate the sacredness of the Sabbath.

          He and his wife gets the daily newspaper delivered to a box below their mailbox.  Sunday's edition will always remain until Monday, because the Sabbath doesn't allow him to get it out of his box.  When we talk, he always tells me about his invisible friend Jesus, who blesses him.  Last year at age 72, Jesus blessed my neighbor with two aneurysms, one of which was removed to prevent his death.  This year, he was given a new casing around the main artery going from his leg to his heart.  The surgical scar looks similar to an autopsy.  My question is:  If he has so much faith in his invisible friend, and cannot wait to get to Heaven to lay in the bosom of Jesus, why did he go to the doctor and have all the surgeries?  Enough of my ranting.  Life sucks and is meaningless; then you die. God is a fable, and the only invisible friend I know of is the rabbit HARVEY in the old Jimmy Stewart movie.  Hah.....Harvey wasnt real either!

          Message 4 of 20 , Jun 26, 2010
            Yea.  I suppose that's why I always liked this group. Death scare you?  Welcome to the club. Not to wax to dark, I've never met you in person, but yea we all check out of the Hotel California here.  We're all just bozos hanging on guy.  Hey!  Check this one out.

            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o30wacwdoc

            Message 5 of 20 , Jun 26, 2010
              Dear TigerFan,
              Your name implies that it is possible that you could be Tom Selleck, if you are in fact Tom Sellect, please
              contact me personally. I would be happy to love you not for your money but for your looks and temperament as
              well as your sense of humor. The fact is that I have been in love with you since you were doing those Marlboro
              magazine ads. I am swooning at the thought of your on a horse. My ex-husband made me throw away all those
              ads that I spent a fortune on buying the magazines but only if you were in them. If you are still with that frumpy
              British woman Jillie Mack, forget it all. I am not skinny, I am voluptuous is all the correct places. It's a wonder
              that you have not actually crushed her by now. You could send one of your baseball caps, that would be swell,
              but only if you have worn it. I'm looking forward to your new show this fall. You need to do some more
              water sports without a shirt, I love a hairy chest.

              Sincerely,
              Judy

[...]

              • donnajgore
                Message 7 of 20 , Jun 30, 2010
                  --- In FT-HUMOR@yahoogroups.com, Ray Smith <raysny@...> wrote:

                  > It's logical, things have a beginning and an end. If you think about it, who would want eternity? It would make this life meaningless; realizing that my time is finite makes life more precious.

                  Yep. This life is all we have. If there is "life after death," then there is no such thing as death. So why are we crying, having funerals, and all that stuff? This is one reason I say people do NOT believe what they claim to believe. Because their behavior betrays them. If they really believed Grandma was in heaven with Jesus, they would be happy and celebrating. If you really believed all that heaven crap, then the day your loved ones die would be the best, happiest days! That woman in Texas, who drowned her kids in the bathtub, remember her? She just wanted them to be with Jesus. But then the very same people who claim to believe in that shit, and claim to want the best for their kids....decided that she was crazy for sending her children there.

                  I did go through a period where I was terrified of death. But then I figured, well, there ain't much I can do about it, now is there?? Plus, I won't KNOW that I'm dead -- so how can it be scary if I am unaware? What's there to be afraid of ?????? It'll just be like going to sleep.

                  One thing that helped me a lot was Greta Christina's essay
                  http://www.gretachristina.com/comfort.html

                  Humans are the only creatures cognizant of their own mortality. So we invented religious crap like heaven, reincarnation, etc. to deal with our fear of death.

                  I figure some day I'll just be old, and tired, and ready to go. Shit, I am already old and tired. My body is falling apart and everything aches. Once you pass 50, it's all downhill!

                  There have been numerous sci-fi fantasy stories about creatures such as vampires who are tired of living and they WANT to die and cannot. They want the release of death, but they can't have it, so they are doomed to suffer forever.
                  Message 8 of 20 , Jun 30, 2010
                    Great writing!  If people had some awareness that they were eternal, ever think about how just awful selfish they would be?  I don't know about you, but remember that supposed psychic,  "lady whatever"?   She was from the islands or something.  What a great scam!!  Do you know either one of us could stare mystically and go on the tube and say we know peoples destinies?   The feds. busted her for taking all the old folks money on the hopes she knew something about eternity.

                    Oh!  I had a psychic reading and was told in my last past life I was a stack of dirty dishes.

                    Message 9 of 20 , Jul 2 6:09 PM
                      --- In FT-HUMOR@yahoogroups.com, "Mr.Natural" <natural.mr642@...> wrote:

                      > Great writing! If people had some awareness that they were eternal, ever
                      > think about how just awful selfish they would be? I don't know about you,
                      > but remember that supposed psychic, "lady whatever"? She was from the
                      > islands or something. What a great scam!!

                      The "psychics" who make money off people who are grieving the loss of a loved one are the lowest scum on the planet. Well maybe #2 behind the child molesters.......
                    • tigerfan158@gmail.com
                      Message 10 of 20 , Jul 3 6:09 AM
                        What a boring existence it would be for a person's dead Granny to follow you around all day, watching everything you do.  Granny Ghost watches as you take a dump.  She watches as you do the wild thing with your mate.  Here's granny, listening as you think your farting alone in your computer room while on the internet. Granny Ghost is riding in the empty passenger seat of your Chevy when you get killed running a red light.  Why didn't Granny Ghost warn you?  Oh, she was there to take you to the "other side."

                        If all this crap was true, there would not only be Granny Ghost, but Grandpa Ghost and all your ancestors following you around, watching as you scratch your itchy ass.

                        Message 11 of 20 , Jul 12 4:31 PM
                          --- In FT-HUMOR@yahoogroups.com, <tigerfan158@...> wrote:

                          > What a boring existence it would be for a person's dead Granny to follow you around all day, watching everything you do. Granny Ghost watches as you take a dump. She watches as you do the wild thing with your mate. Here's granny, listening as you think your farting alone in your computer room while on the internet. Granny Ghost is riding in the empty passenger seat of your Chevy when you get killed running a red light. Why didn't Granny Ghost warn you? Oh, she was there to take you to the "other side."

                          My granny ghost was in my dreams. She wasn't DOING anything, just hanging in the background watching. She musta been BORED.